Updated ECML- very low frame rates

rumour3

I've downloaded the update to build 97556 and the ECML route is now an unusable slideshow- 4 FPS and very jerky. It's only the ECML- other routes run OK, including Sebino Lake, and the TANE version of the ECML also runs fine on my machine (Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming). Anyone else having similar problems?

R3

I've downloaded the update to build 97556 and the ECML route is now an unusable slideshow- 4 FPS and very jerky. It's only the ECML- other routes run OK, including Sebino Lake, and the TANE version of the ECML also runs fine on my machine (Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming). Anyone else having similar problems?

I have the exact same computer system (you made a good choice there :)) and have the same issue plus I have run the Flying Scotsman session twice and each time it freezes at exactly the same place - shortly after exiting the 3rd tunnel amd near the giant blue construction crane somewhere before New Southgate. Also on build 97556

My specs - i7-7700HQ @2.8GHz, 64bit, 8GB RAM, NVidia GTX1050Ti, Win 10 Home.

I had the same problem after cloning the route. My dev setting was "stream objects".

I changed it to "maximum compatibility" and it solved the problem for me.

Now runs as smoothly as it did with previous versions.

Thanks for the tip but my Dev setting was already on Maximum compatibility. I am trying a few performance tweaks to see if that makes a difference.

The frame rate has improved - still not perfect but getting there.

Still freezes at the blue crane at about the 6 mile mark, but this time it restarted after a short delay.

More tweaking needed.

I don't get the freeze at the blue crane, i deleted it in my cloned version. :D

Too modern for the 1970's era.

I am running i7-4790K @ 4ghz GTX1070 gaming and 32gb ddr3 sys mem.

Draw distance is set to 10,000mtrs draw distance cap disabled, settings set to high not ultra.

Not sure if that helps you at all buddy.

Mike.

Yikes, something got jacked on this.

Pware, my Dev setting is on maximum compatibility and I've got the same problem as others.

I was running a smooth 60 frames prior to the new download. I'm now on version 97556.

In all sessions I am now getting barely 16 frames, and sometimes as low as 8, for the shunter session, likely because of the huge yard. I didn't drive far enough to experience any freezes.

I dropped the Duchess Heavy consist into the Quick Drive session and the same thing happened. Just around 8-16 frames. This new download also affected some previous saved games I had under 96000. Now they are all stuttering as well.

Heinrich505

There's probably some crappy content in the area and I'm inclined to believe it's the blue crane. I had a similar issue on one of my own routes.

There's probably some crappy content in the area and I'm inclined to believe it's the blue crane. I had a similar issue on one of my own routes.

If it's this one? <kuid2:60238:27162:1> Container Straddle Crane YM, it fails the performance test in asset Preview, FPS of 0 and takes a long time to fill the board other cranes with higher poly counts are fine, so I would say it's that Crane that's the issue. Has 22 individual .texture files or it may be the animation causing the problem.

Same issue here, it re-downloaded ECML with the Newcastle shunted session and I'm now on about 4fps! Also does anyone else have the Flying Scotsman 1920's session yet?

Thanks for all the replies. I've cloned the route, swapped the track and replaced quite a few assets- in particular the built-in Broadleaf Speedtrees, which I've noticed tend to kill performance on my machine. I've deleted the blue crane, just to be sure. I'm now getting similar framerates to before the update. now around 16-17, with most settings on high and draw distance maxed out, which is just about useable.

Out of interest, does anyone know what the changes to the route are? I've had a quick look and can't see much difference.

R3

If it's this one? <kuid2:60238:27162:1> Container Straddle Crane YM, it fails the performance test in asset Preview, FPS of 0 and takes a long time to fill the board other cranes with higher poly counts are fine, so I would say it's that Crane that's the issue. Has 22 individual .texture files or it may be the animation causing the problem.

That would be it.

Like others I have been experiencing the low frame rates on the ECML route, as low as 4 fps, where as before the update last week i was getting 35+ at the same places, particularly leaving Kings Cross.

So for the hell of it I opened the route (not session) for edit in surveyor (which we can now do in TR2019) and then straight away did a 'save as'. When I then reloaded my new copy of the route the performance was back and i am again getting 35 fps at Kings Cross. So i suspect that that the package files or the un-packaging process is causing some file corruption somewhere? Strange how it doesn't seem to effect everyone, but these problems can be like that.

Obviously using 'saving as' the route ends up with my userID (KUID) so the sessions are not linked. However, if you open the route from the Content Manager, update the KUID in the config file to the original KUID, incremented by 1, and then re-import, it makes the current version obsolete and list the new modified route as 'Modified Payware' and then all the sessions can be used as normal.

Perhaps not ideal, but a work around that makes the route usable, whilst Tony and his team sort out the bigger issues.

This slowdown appears to be a new bug - we will give you an update once we've resolved the issue.

OK so I cloned the route, went on quickdrive, still a slideshow! Decided to delete the crane (Crane Blue <kuid2:52519:27019:2>) and hey presto framerates back to normal!

OK so I cloned the route, went on quickdrive, still a slideshow! Decided to delete the crane (Crane Blue <kuid2:52519:27019:2>) and hey presto framerates back to normal!

But it is still possible, as Tony has indicated, it could be a bug with how the route is saved but, from other reports, deleting the blue crane can certainly help.

Looks like the long term solution is that the route author or custodian needs to be instructed to delete the blue crane from the master copy and that fix then needs to find its way into what comes with the installer, updating and patching as necessary.

The blue crane is a red herring (if that makes any sense ;).

Sure it helps removing it (along with possibly many other objects), but there is a more significant code issue affecting the performance in your current build.

Updated to Build 97556 and decided to try the Newcastle Shunter session. CTD on the opening camera view after the pre-cache both times I tried it. Bug report submitted.

Back