TRC system now fully compatible with Trainz 2019

vincentrh

The management system for your crossings (TRC) is now adapted to the new environment of Trainz 2019. Even if you run the 'stream objects' mode.

I'd like to say a big thank-you to Pierre Guy (Pguy). Without him and his very useful tool 'Named Object Library', this update would never has been possible.

If you are familiar with the TRC system, simply click on my signature bellow : you will get a direct access to the page 'materials' of the dedicated website and there, you just have to click on the link : Trainz 2019 update.

If you prefer to have a global vision on the TRC system and discover its functioning in detail, click here : https://sites.google.com/site/trcv2english/0-introduction

Last edited:
I had a look at this on your site Vince, looks really impressive.

One downside, i could not see any UK type gated crossings included in your kits.

Only the boom types, is that correct.

Should I be worried about all these warnings? Got these when installing in TRS19.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Have a look at the series made by 'scottish'. All of these models had been designed as compatible with the TRC system and although I didn't tested them all, I think they worth to be discovered.

Vincent

Have a look at the series made by 'scottish'. All of these models had been designed as compatible with the TRC system and although I didn't tested them all, I think they worth to be discovered.

Vincent

Huh? What are the warnings telling me?

Series made by scottish? what is this "series" you mention?

There are many cases of 'warning' displayed by the game when installing an asset.
For instance, lod0 of the combo US model is so much a very heavy asset in term of polycount, that the game warns : 'not suitable for vcache optimization'
Ideally, I ought to downsize the number of poly of this level of details....

But if the you can read 'Installed asset', it means that you can use the model without any visible trouble.

Vincent

There are many cases of 'warning' displayed by the game when installing an asset.
For instance, lod0 of the combo US model is so much a very heavy asset in term of polycount, that the game warns : 'not suitable for vcache optimization'
Ideally, I ought to downsize the number of poly of this level of details....

But if the you can read 'Installed asset', it means that you can use the model without any visible trouble.

Vincent

Thank you Vince, i have used the scottish crossings in the past with TS12.

I think i might have used your excellent TRC assets at the same time.

My memory is like a leaky bucket, these days. :D

Thanks for the continued updated of your addons.

Mike.

TRC system shouldn't interfer at all with signals. But I would be curious to check them... can you give me some KUIDs ?

Vincent

So if I already have these placed in my route, is all I have to do is overwrite the files?

Completly yes ! Provided that the most recent version of the assets has been submitted (the modified objects shoouldn't stay 'open for edit').

Vincent

They are crossing signals, and the triggers aren't seeing them like they're supposed to.

With this new version of the TRC system, the script of the trigger TRC has been deeply modified. Consequently and now, if you want the TRC trigger to recognize a scenery object, you have to add in the context file of this object the following tag :
custom-category-list "TRC"

All the scenery objects presented on my web site have been so modified (for instance <kuid2:458053:102882:5> TRC US M scenery). You have to do the same thing with other signals, barriers,...you could use, but only if they are of scenery-type.

Vincent

Last edited:
Hello
I have recently purchased TRS 2019. I have several TRC assets in my TANE which I would like to be able to use in 19. But scrolling around on your Materials page, I am not finding the Trainz 2019 Update link.
Can you help me? :)

Sorry, but there is no 'Trainz 2019 Update link'.
Simply check the TRC assets you use in Content Manager. If you see the mention 'obsolete, new version available', download the last concerned version (in Content Manager, right click on the asset and choose List Asset Versions)

Vincent

Sorry, but there is no 'Trainz 2019 Update link'.
Simply check the TRC assets you use in Content Manager. If you see the mention 'obsolete, new version available', download the last concerned version (in Content Manager, right click on the asset and choose List Asset Versions)

Vincent

A little bit more on the issue I am having with TRC in my new TRS2019 Platnum, even after trying what you suggested before about replacing obsoletes.

In spite of placing the TRC trigger, configuring the crossing signals (according to how I've always done in TANE ) and then checking to make sure everything is listed, the signals still only stand silent as the trains pass . This is with all TRC signals. Is there anything more that I should do? Another dependency to download? Some file I need to go into and make a change? What would you suggest?
DC

Did you check that below dependecies of the TRC trigger are all updated ?
kuid2:61392:4053:25 Named Objects Library
kuid2:61392:8191:13 TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)

Vincent

Back