TRC system now fully compatible with Trainz 2019

Did you check that below dependecies of the TRC trigger are all updated ?
kuid2:61392:4053:25 Named Objects Library
kuid2:61392:8191:13 TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)

Vincent

OK, I found these two assets on DLS and installed them.

After still not seeing a change with the crossing signals, I decided to see if Pierre's dependencies might make the difference. I looked in my Content Manager and on DLS and downloaded everything I could find according to the first 3 sets of Common Assets on your Materials page. I was not able to find the Common Date Library (Kuid 2:61392:4050:59) There were also a couple of assets on DLS whose Kuids don't match as you have them in Materials For the Interlocking Tower, DLS has the Kuid ending in :78 instead of :76, For the Extended Session Variables Library, it end's in :10 instead of :9 and the Enhanced Interlocking Towers Library ends in :80 instead of :76

With all the Session Tools, I was able to find and download everything.

Yet, even after trying all of this, the TRC Crossings are still not working.

What to do next?
DC

As the TRC system is worlwide used without noticeable dysfunctions, my hypothesis is that there is something with your route that doesn't fit with the TRC system requisits.

Build a very simple example of the configuration you use on a route of a single base board. Reply to this post with a download link towards the CDP file of this mini route. I'll try to understand what is going wrong.

Vincent

As the TRC system is worlwide used without noticeable dysfunctions, my hypothesis is that there is something with your route that doesn't fit with the TRC system requisits.

Build a very simple example of the configuration you use on a route of a single base board. Reply to this post with a download link towards the CDP file of this mini route. I'll try to understand what is going wrong.

Vincent

I will do so and let you know when I have.

Et, au fait, merci beaucoup pour toute l'aide que vous m'avez apportée, Vincent! :)

Daniel

I am still working on the download link.

In the meantime, I created a minute long video showing exactly what it's doing and crossing configuration as I understand how to do it which brings me to another question. In 2019, do we still name the crossing in the same way as we did in TANE? (for example: LevelCrossing&1) or is it something different?

I am still working on the download link.

In the meantime, I created a minute long video showing exactly what it's doing and crossing configuration as I understand how to do it which brings me to another question. In 2019, do we still name the crossing in the same way as we did in TANE? (for example: LevelCrossing&1) or is it something different?

Here is the download link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_JbkUHQGhjUi-b6NBXT2rJOdsNn7IqU/view?usp=sharing

This is the first time I've ever done something like this so we'll see if it makes it. I've done a test download and so far it seems to do everything expected. Will try again from here, just to make sure.

But please let me know what you're able find out.
DC

I watched your video, and some dysfunctions should relied to these points :
- the TRC triggers you use are obsolete (TRS12 version version!), please use the last version 458053:100686:16 (built-in)
- you should place only one TRC trigger one each track that leads to a crossing (see my website for further instructions)
- the scenery objects you employ (barriers, masts,...) are unknown to me and are not available on DLS I suppose...so I can't offer any guarantee of a good functioning (you should use US objets you can see on my website).

Vincent

I watched your video, and some dysfunctions should relied to these points :
- the TRC triggers you use are obsolete (TRS12 version version!), please use the last version 458053:100686:16 (built-in)
- you should place only one TRC trigger one each track that leads to a crossing (see my website for further instructions)
- the scenery objects you employ (barriers, masts,...) are unknown to me and are not available on DLS I suppose...so I can't offer any guarantee of a good functioning (you should use US objets you can see on my website).

Vincent

The TRCs are all now doing as they should with that latest version trigger. With the game version I have, it apparently wasn't built in but I was able to find it on DLS. Merci encore Vincent

Hi Vincent
I am currently having a bit of a play with the TRC system (and very much enjoying what I've achieved so far!), with a view to replace ATLS on my route (it's a lot more flexible for crossings close to areas I need to shunt!).

However I have a little bit of an issue, specifically crossings that are on gradients. Is it possible to setup a TRC 'crossing' without an actual level crossing object connected to the track? The layout I'm building doesn't use animated traffic at this stage (it's set in about 1913-1920, there's very few cars in the region in this era!), so I'm not too concerned about actually stopping traffic at this point, however one of my level crossings is on a bit of a gradient that I can't match with the crossing object.

I was hoping there might be a trackside object to take the place of the level crossing object, or something similar?

If it's not possible that's fine, but I thought I would ask before I look at my options for this route more :)

Regards
Zec

Hi Vincent
I am currently having a bit of a play with the TRC system (and very much enjoying what I've achieved so far!), with a view to replace ATLS on my route (it's a lot more flexible for crossings close to areas I need to shunt!).

However I have a little bit of an issue, specifically crossings that are on gradients. Is it possible to setup a TRC 'crossing' without an actual level crossing object connected to the track? The layout I'm building doesn't use animated traffic at this stage (it's set in about 1913-1920, there's very few cars in the region in this era!), so I'm not too concerned about actually stopping traffic at this point, however one of my level crossings is on a bit of a gradient that I can't match with the crossing object.

I was hoping there might be a trackside object to take the place of the level crossing object, or something similar?

If it's not possible that's fine, but I thought I would ask before I look at my options for this route more :)

Regards
Zec

I have a lot of experience of converting ATLS crossings to TRC crossings and since your route doesn't have any traffic going over the crossings, you can omit the traffic stoppers and they'll work just fine. If you did have traffic crossing the railroad crossings, you'd probably have to make the traffic stoppers tiltable in the direction they need to be.

Hi Jordan412
Thank you for this, I've now got them working this way and this very much solves the issue I was facing!

Zec

Zec, got a quick question for you while you're here,
I've got a Steam account and norfolksouthern37 has some Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) Position Light (PL) signals on the Steam Workshop. I bought TRS19 through N3V. Could I link my Steam account to my MyTrainz Account, download the PRR PL signals from the Steam Workshop into TRS19 and they will work just fine?

Hi Zec

Happy to learn that you have found the solution to your problem. And happy (also:D) to hear that you are using the TRC system.

Vincent

Back