Loco Lighting Control Rule (LLCR) has become payware in TRS19?

Pendolino

Cab mode weirdo
Hello, I need a clarification about the LLCR rule in TRS19.

A few days ago, several daring souls using the TRS19 Early Access reported the LLCR rule Loco Lighting Control Rule,<kuid2:87589:90002:5> appeared to be broken in TRS19. Since most TrainZItalia locomotives make use of LLCR lights, this raised a big question about their ability to properly run in TRS19. As a further upgrade, we plan to implement the native tail lights on all our locomotives in the near future, but so far compatibility with TS12 represents a major issue, since the latter is still used by many Italian users and we would like to make the TS12 / TRS19 transition as smooth as possible.

Today, the same users reported a new - and perfectly working - version Loco Lighting Control Rule,<kuid2:87589:90002:6> is available in the current build, but it is marked as payware, since it is used in the Andrushivka - Vinnitsa route.

What does this imply? Will the LLCR - a built-in rule since TRS2006 - be only available as payware?

According to my TRS19 Content Manager (build 97556) that rule is available for download from the DLS, so it is not payware.

However, when downloaded and installed in TRS19 it gives 9 errors and 23 warnings but still does not flag as payware. The errors are:-

- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> TrainzBaseSpec::CacheScripts> ** GSC> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : function call Sniff is ambiguous, line 1147.
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : function call Sniff is ambiguous, line 1147.
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> TrainzBaseSpec::CacheScripts> ** GSC> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : parameters: object, string, null, bool
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : parameters: object, string, null, bool
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> TrainzBaseSpec::CacheScripts> ** GSC> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : could be ::Sniff(GameObjectID,string,string,bool) in GameObject
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : could be ::Sniff(GameObjectID,string,string,bool) in GameObject
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> TrainzBaseSpec::CacheScripts> ** GSC> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : could be ::Sniff(GameObject,string,string,bool) in GameObject
- <kuid2:87589:90002:5> llcr_rule.gs(1147) : could be ::Sniff(GameObject,string,string,bool) in GameObject

Thanks pware, that's exactly the string of errors I saw when my fellows at TrainZItalia reported the rule was faulty in TRS19.

Version :6, works fine, but it is flagged as payware (I supposed because it is included in a payware route).

My question is: will all the dependencies of a payware route - including those that have not been specifically conceived, like the LLCR in this case - be flagged as payware? The latter will lead to serious trouble and wreck a huge number of assets.

My question is: will all the dependencies of a payware route - including those that have not been specifically conceived, like the LLCR in this case - be flagged as payware? The latter will lead to serious trouble and wreck a huge number of assets.

From memory I think that question or a similar one was raised in these forums recently. I think that the answer was "no" but I cannot recall the details (and may be totally wrong in any case).

The real question here is why freeware is becoming Payware?

I don't think it is. What I suspect has happened, and only the creator of this asset can confirm or deny this speculation, is that the update to the rule <kuid2:87589:90002:6> is part of a payware package while the previous version, <kuid2:87589:90002:5>, is on the DLS and is still freeware. If the creator uploads the update to the DLS then it will become freeware. So you will need to ask the asset creator.

EDIT: I just noticed that an update to a TRS19 Payware asset has just been installed on my system.

The original asset was <kuid:217537:100812> TTTE - Invisible Mesh. This was classified by TRS19 CM as "Installed, Payware". I have no idea what it is or does.

Its replacement is <kuid2:217537:100812:1> TTTE - Invisible Mesh. This is classified by TRS19 CM as "Installed from DLS" - so it is freeware. The original asset is now classified as "Installed, Payware, obsolete"

Last edited:
Back