ECML TRS19 build 97556

As far as i am aware, ECML which is the route i cloned.

Does not allow the end user to overwrite the route with it's original kuid number.

You are only able to "save as" which creates another route version, with the end users own kuid.

Which basically is the same as cloning, in my mind.

Mike.

Tunnel portal too low, just north of signal D96

2018-11-09-182255.jpg

If you are already in CM then using cloning makes sense. If you have the route already loaded in Surveyor, then Save As makes sense.

Plus in Surveyor you can use Save As on both the route and session at the same time with the new session automatically linked to the new route saving extra steps in CM (editing the coned session config.txt file to point it to the new cloned route kuid).

Sorry boy, but i don't understand what you are getting at.
This is your statement: "For some strange reason ECML as supplied is just under 800mb in CM. When cloned it then nearly doubles in size to 1.5gb."
The response to that would be "Then don't clone it. Just save it from within Surveyor". For some reason that seems to be not suitable. Why not? What are you trying to achieve? What does cloning do for you that saving from within Surveyor doesn't do?

Just tried "Save As" in Surveyor. Makes no difference to the size, the route still ends up nearly twice the size with no modifications carried out.

Plus to clone it in CM, takes about a 20th of the time, saving in Surveyor does.

ecml.png

FWIW

The 500+ mb difference in file sizes is due to 1 file - mapfile.map. This is probably used by TRS19 to ascertain that you do indeed own and have installed the original payware.

Another advantage of cloning in CM is to modify multiple sessions (after cloning these as well if desired) by changing the map link inside the config files of each session. You could then disable all the original routes/sessions to lessen the clutter and confusion when browsing the routes using the Installed option. Yes, I tested and the modified route can still be edited/driven.

This is such a nice but overdue option provided to honest purchasers of their DLC. Now to figure out how to untangle the mess of all the assets which are inadvertently updated and suddenly classed as payware as well.

Glenn

Back