TRS19 Early Access - Update 1 now available

I have discovered a small bug that needs to be fixed. When I open the menu to add or edit AI drivers, the box can be expanded downward, but not side to side. I would like this fixed please.
Works fine here as well. Both left and right sides can be adjusted. Do the Maximise and Restore buttons work? Note that all the edit windows are remembered at the same size, so if it doesn't work for one I would expect it doesn't work for the others.

Problem solved Dave - there is a maximum width for the Driver setup window, and you've reached it.

OK, well I also got the 98299 update no problems and am still getting so much of this sort of thing...

J8opKPe.jpg

q7HjOSh.jpg

BI5w6qC.jpg

..that I'm down to about 3 or 4 engines I can use. I don't know what it is, but there must be others who are experiencing it. Maybe not everyone, but some. Graphics card? Monitor? Maybe introducing PBR and supporting legacy assets isn't practical, I don't know. I don't have this with Train Sim or the Lockheed-Martin flight sim. I'm still gonna ask, can you go back to 96900 where this unpleasantness didn't seem to happen.

Many Thanks,
smyers

Got a kuid of one of the affected ones? assuming they are on the DLS, then I can check if it's happening here, not seen any sign of it but I've got 99% UK stuff in TRS19 at present.

A thought......

Check warnings and errors as I've noticed some new warnings that don't make any sense to me <kuid:160471:100500> VE216: Material main.m.tbumpenv in mesh file br_w-iron.im has an inappropriate texture slot assigned: texReflCube, getting loads of them on several traincar and loco assets.

Last edited:
Sure clam1952. The GP40 is CSX GP40 YN3 <kuid2:45324:100339:2>. The RS1 is a reskin of the Jointed Rail engine, <kuid:156765:100597> which is payware. Another one on the DLS is <kuid2:69871:2389:1> Loco NYC USRA 0-8-0 by philskene and <kuid2:69871:2390:1> Loco NYC USRA Tender by philskene. It's an oldie, yes, but has done well in previous builds, up to 96900.

I should mention that tree shadows shimmer quite a bit, as well. More than I remember from other builds.

I'll try to note errors as you've stated, though you guys are way ahead of me on such topics. Still, my system is hot but ordinary, off the shelf nothing special.

Many Thanks clam1952,
smyers

Last edited:
Hmm, one of the two I've checked seem to be OK here in game.
The GP40 is probably not the same problem and is due to the rendering of the mesh for the grills and shadows, not as bad as in your screenshot, curiously the screenshot I did here just to check looks the same as yours far worse than in game, however get the same problem with fence railings and similar due to flickering and that's common to TANE as well. I did bug that a long time ago and it's a lot better than it was but still not perfect.
The URSA is fine, couldn't check the JR payware one

Could probably do with another opinion!

OK, well I also got the 98299 update no problems and am still getting so much of this sort of thing...
..that I'm down to about 3 or 4 engines I can use. I don't know what it is, but there must be others who are experiencing it. Maybe not everyone, but some. Graphics card? Monitor? Maybe introducing PBR and supporting legacy assets isn't practical, I don't know. I don't have this with Train Sim or the Lockheed-Martin flight sim. I'm still gonna ask, can you go back to 96900 where this unpleasantness didn't seem to happen.

Many Thanks,
smyers

I'm old and a bit deaf, but I guess I'm going blind, too, because I don't see any problem.

I just got this error again, Shane, even as I'm writing this. As I said, I don't expect everyone will have this issue, but in my case, I've not seen moire ( for lack of a better word ) as bad as this in any app. I went back to T:ANE where it is there, just not as apparent. Where is the bug report form?
smyers

Some do, but the messages are basically there to help N3V identify where things aren't working properly (similar to breakpoints in code). The only exception is if N3V advise not to report a specific assertion from memory (usually if it's one that they know about). Sometimes messages appear multiple times in a row as well (depending on the error) - it may not be necessary to report every single case when that happens but N3V will be able to confirm on that front.

Shane

Here's the link to the Bug Report Form: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Always recommend that you capture a screenshot of the Assertion Dialog and summarise the events/ circumstances that lead to its appearance during TRS19/ T:ANE use.
By providing step-by-step repro instructions to QA you will assist N3V to fix any outstanding issues much faster.
The more we report the errors we encounter, the higher the likelihood that fixes will be forthcoming.

I just got this error again, Shane, even as I'm writing this. As I said, I don't expect everyone will have this issue, but in my case, I've not seen moire ( for lack of a better word ) as bad as this in any app. I went back to T:ANE where it is there, just not as apparent. Where is the bug report form?
smyers

See https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu - from memory the form applies to TRS19 beta builds as well as T:ANE beta builds.

Shane

Sometimes messages appear multiple times in a row as well (depending on the error) - it may not be necessary to report every single case when that happens but N3V will be able to confirm on that front

From experience, it is the first message in a sequence of identical assertion messages that is the key. That is the one that needs to be reported.

Back