TRS19 Early Access - Update 1 now available

As per the latest newsletter
The update is available for TRS19 users as follows:

PC build 96000 > 97556 (5.1GB) via "TRS19 Early Access" stream
PC beta build 97513 > 97556 (20MB) via "TRS19 Beta" stream
Mac build 96020 > 97557 (5.1GB) via "TRS19 Early Access" stream
Mac beta build 97429 > 97557 (20MB) via "TRS19 Beta" stream

The 97556 update came on as soon as I started TRS2019. A "Patch Available" appeared on the launch window. It goes away when finished.

But I'm getting really obnoxious highlights on some assets. See pics. Shininess, so to speak, of many assets seems way over the top making many engines and stock unusable.

jAsSaHv.jpg

bfR6vsY.jpg

BncMHvf.jpg

Number 45 is so shiny you can't look at it. Is there any way to fix or adjust for this?

uzbSfGb.jpg

Ben Neal's superb USRA 0-8-0. Rotating around the engine is blinding. It might be livable but for the the insistent moire. My K&L engines seem OK, however. Guess I can be thankful for that! But the others, I'll have to go through each one to see if they're usable.

The Newcastle Shunter installed right after this main update.

Best,
smyers

Last edited:
Awe Number 45 is spit-shine clean now! :)

Anyway if this is a route worked on prior to this build, try adjusting your lighting and see if that works. I recommend defaulting the light setup then adjusting up rather than trying to adjust down. For some reason that's easier to do, and it gets you at a base setting you can start with.

On the other hand, after the update, the game is cut down and it does not manage to process the data, it is much more demanding than before. What did you do again updating! :'(

I had to set the average difficulty of the shadows, post-processing to: High and fast rendering on: High if you have huge maps like me with large area and visibility 15 km so the game puts huge demands on graphics and processor, this needs to be solved !! !

Last edited:
try adjusting your lighting and see if that works.

Thanks, JCitron. I'll try but I don't hold out much hope as it seems inconsistent. See pic...

peSTzUO.jpg

Number 26 seems pretty normal while the box car behind looks like a plastic toy. The CN box looks OK, but the trucks on both look as though they've just been painted with the shiniest black paint in the car shop. It's hideous in the sim.

Best,
smyers

We've made some further updates since this build was created, so the white speckles/shiny bits/glitter are being resolved already.

Over-shiny embankments are being worked on (this is a content issue rather than code, so if you are using something other than the FMA set, please let us know which KUIDs are affected and we'll take a look). Or if you are talking about glittering effects, see above.

The shininess of the blacks is more challenging to resolve. My understanding is that the material setup is sometimes meant to be shiny and sometimes not (depending on which Trainz version the asset was created for) so we have no way to know which was the goal.

We're looking into workarounds so that we get the correct level of mat or shiny. Can everyone please provide KUIDs when reporting issues as I cannot find Ben's USRA nor where to start looking for #45, #25 etc.

Last edited:
GOOD WORK!
Though the main problem still exists (I mean the edges of groundtex interfere with splines so they disappear - I reported it as a bug and it is taken care of it) but the overall performance increase is awesome (I hate this word but in this case it is the only term for it). Once more GREAT JOB guys!

The shiny surfaces don't bother me as much as flickery shadows and z-buffer fights that we used to see a lot more of.

We've come a long way from where we began only a few years ago, and I'm sure we'll go a lot further.

Can everyone please provide KUIDs when reporting issues as I cannot find Ben's USRA nor where to start looking for #45, #25 etc.

OK, Tony. I'll work on this today. The War Department wants me to trim some shrubs but I'll get on it ASAP.
Best,
smyers

Did someone mention
Added warnings for incorrect materials (some reflections appear green)
Looks like Thrall 73' Centerbeam flatcar AOX DES didn't get the memo. 101046:102172:1
TRS2019 97556 green wheels.JPG

Can everyone please provide KUIDs when reporting issues as I cannot find Ben's USRA nor where to start looking for #45, #25 etc.

The USRA 0-8-0 and the other locomotive are at bdaneal's website here,the 2-8-0 which is a reskin of bdaneal's DRGW C-48 2-8-0 which is found in the TC3+ Engines - standard gauge "freight" section,and the USRA 0-8-0 is found in the TC3+ Engines - standard gauge "switching & industrial" section,but I have yet to test the locomotives in the latest TRS2019 version,although the USRA 0-8-0 looked fine in TRS2019 build 96000 though.

Thanks for the links. The fix for one thing has led to the unwanted side-effect - we'll investigate any potential workarounds and get back to you.

97556 top, 96000 bottom
2018-11-03_085553.png

Maybe OK fresh out of the paint shop on a heritage railway where everything is highly polished or in a museum. ;)

Not sure what type of materials those are, but it could be due to the specular intensity created by the alpha texture or specular settings.

Not sure what type of materials those are, but it could be due to the specular intensity created by the alpha texture or specular settings.

Don't think it's specular related as I use a lot of specular on my stuff and it's all OKish now.

OK Tony...

USRA C Gondola B&M <kuid:103021:100975>
One of several from JR

USRA 50 Ton Truck Black <kuid2:103021:100934:2>

D&RGW C-48 Class 2-8-0 <kuid2:96914:480:4>
Ben Neal's 2-8-0

Barber S1 33inch Trucks Black Weathered <kuid2:103021:100829:3>

40ft Boxcar CNW CMO <kuid:376853:100734>

Blomberg B (black a) <kuid2:45324:50022:4>

CP Cylindrical Hopper <kuid:92924:100149>

USRA Light Pacific <kuid2:523:19723276:4>

A sampling of shiny assets. Check the CN GP9 trucks that I think came with the update. You've obviously found the 0-8-0. All were fine in the previous version. Hope you can fix it!
Best,
smyers

Now every time I start, I get an invitation to download the route ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh. I click on download All and then nothing happens. The first row is highlighted but that's all.
TRS2019 97556 ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh.JPG

Last edited:
Back