TRS19 Early Access - Update 1 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Check all the juicy release details here... and check all the content update details here...

Thanks to our beta testers for the previous round of testing. As you will see from the release notes, we're already well underway on making a number of additional improvements, especialy with respect to environment settings and handling of legacy materials.

You will be pleased to note that we've identified and resolved the "overbright" settings (for imported routes). This fix isn't in your current update and will apply retrospectively for any 4.5 or lower routes. So if you have saved in TRS19 (which is trainzbuild 4.6) then you will need to manually adjust the settings.

While we're a little behind our schedule for this release, the progress we've made already in the background means that we are still confident of our Q4 release for the final release. Of course, now that I have said that in print, we better make sure we hit our target ;).

We are also VERY close to getting the next of the built-in routes out to you. Stay tuned...

Thanks Tony,

It took only seconds (on a 25MBps link) to download and install - my slower ADSL2+ home system will be slower tonight on my desktop copy. Currently running a DB repair.

EDIT: One item in your change list is bound to cause problems - "Female drivers can no longer have a moustache"

Last edited:
Thanks Tony,

EDIT: One item in your change list is bound to cause problems - "Female drivers can no longer have a moustache"

That's in the 1950's content set. In the 2018 content set women can grow their facial hair and men can wear what they want as well ;)

That's in the 1950's content set. In the 2018 content set women can grow their facial hair and men can wear what they want as well ;)

Very sensible.

My install is now attempting to download some DLC packages - specifically Coal Country (good to see the actual names appearing in the list instead of the package names) but no download is occurring. Is that me or an incorrect setting at your end (I did a TRS19 restart)?

EDIT: Running another DBR seems to have fixed that problem.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony. Downloading it right now. Even though I had no crashes or much in the way in problems other than flashing bushes ,some messed up trees and some overly washed out textures on objects with 9600 I'm looking forward to all the fixes and improvements.:D

The Asset Download window is still popping up each time I start TRS19 and it shows the Coal Country parts 1 to 6 as available for downloading but they do not download when I click Download All. I already have Coal Country installed in TRS19 (it came with the initial install) but it does have some missing assets. Could that be the issue?

My Update 1 has been stuck on 39 mins to go for about two hours.
Any suggestions

All's well that ends well, left it running when I retired for the night, OK this morning.

Last edited:
Downloading here. Looking forward to seeing the changes and improvements.

Also just switched off Game Bar as per advice in other thread.

The ECML cdps will not download for me although I got updates to Newcastle Shunter and the Aerotrain.

My update was speedy and flawless.

I like what I see but I'm really disappointed that the game clock is still hours and minutes with no seconds.

About three iterations ago we had seconds. What happened?

Cheers

I now have now got the shiny glittering embankments (and some walls) which I didn’t have prior to the beta update, and they are still there with the latest patch. Everything else looks good, but I can’t routebuild until I can get back to the pre update state. I have submitted a bug report, but believe the problem is already known.
It’s such a pity, and very frustrating, as I was convinced I would be moving my WIP projects to 2019, but this issue is a deal breaker for me.
Best wishes
Ian

Patching was quick and smooth but I did make an observation during the following database repair.

One of the things mentioned was a warning relating to Librarycall being obsolete. Whilst I'm not 100% sure whether that appeared in this build or a prior one, does this mean a change on how script libraries are handled from assets that make use of the library's code? (I'm thinking of things like andi06's Superscript library which I know several assets make use of).

Shane

The ECML cdps will not download for me although I got updates to Newcastle Shunter and the Aerotrain.

No ECML CDPs downloading for me either - just seems to be teasing me with these 10 downloads. Didn't get any other in-game updates either (96000 to 97556).

Cheers,
Paul

The patch came down and went in quickly. The ensuing DBR went well.

I'm now testing a route I've imported, merged and played around with in TRS19. The changes are intact from the previous work, which is a good thing, and so far so good in Surveyor.

I've noticed one thing that needs mentioned, and I'm not sure if it occurred previously.

When adjusting terrain on textured baseboards is really, really slow and chunky. Performing the same function on a blank baseboard is fine.

The update from build 96000 to 97556 went very smoothly.

From my perspective the lighting is much improved. Much of the glare seems to be gone and the textures have more definition. Still some tweaking to be done in this area but it is getting there. Also I have noticed a big improvement on the shadow side of the rolling stock. In the previous build (96000) the shadow side was almost black and lacking in detail definition. In the current build it looks very good.

Looking forward to exploring some of the new features and routes.

I give up. Where do I download this update??

The update should download when you start. At the Launcher, you should get a message about an update available.

If you're not getting the message, go into settings and install and check the update options. Check the stream to ensure it is the TRS19 Beta. When choosing the target, ensure you are choosing TRS19 and not T:ANE - I had that problem once and wondered why I wasn't getting anything.

Once set exit wait a bit, and use Check for updates and try again. Hopefully that will work unless N3V has to fix something for you.

Back