TRS19 Early Access - Update 1 now available

It sounds like you're trying to install rather than patch? (So you're tryin to install over the top of the existing instal rather than update it?)

To patch - from the TRS19 Launcher, click Trainz Settings > Install tab > Check for Updates

EDIT: yeah I've got no idea what I'm doing. haha

Neither do we. :)

Make sure the target program is in fact TRS19 and not T:ANE.

I've been there before and spent an hour trying to figure it out with the mess starting back at me!

Ok

So, I open up Trainz and a message comes up that there is an update. I select install now.
The target comes up as "C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019" which i have never changed.
I click next and it checks my details and now it says it cant connect to the server. I didn't have that problem before but now I do.

I'm connected to the internet and my details are still entered correctly.

Ok

So, I open up Trainz and a message comes up that there is an update. I select install now.
The target comes up as "C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019" which i have never changed.
I click next and it checks my details and now it says it cant connect to the server. I didn't have that problem before but now I do.

I'm connected to the internet and my details are still entered correctly.

I got the same message when I started up TRS19 and decided to check for an update myself a few minutes ago. The server appears to be offline so it's not on your end.

Hi Taggy.

From 96000 you definitely want the "TRS19 Early Access" stream rather than the beta stream (otherwise you would have to patch multiple times.). I've just removed that option now so it will tell you "No patch available" if you try to use the beta stream.

We've just updated a certificate on the patch server currently, so normal service should be resumed now.

Last edited:
Well done on the fix, but, what about the cab windows on that loco?
They look like irradiated glass!

I asked for a review on that and here is the answer:

(i) The reason it looks the way it does in TRS19 is because the original asset has half surface normals on the windows facing the wrong direction.
(ii) The reason why the glass color exists is because of the texture they are using and the parameters. In particular they are using a 50% opacity which might not be enough to give it a glass like appearance.

So short answer - with corrected normals and a lower opacity setting, it would look like proper glass :)

Fwiw, it didn't look much like glass in TANE either.

Soooo...do we all get this update, or just Gold Mems? I haven't seen anything available. Probably just missed it.
Thanks,
smyers

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the newest JR Instantload Command did not transfer into the sessions from T:ANE to TRS2019. It shows up in Surveyor, but not in Driver.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the newest JR Instantload Command did not transfer into the sessions from T:ANE to TRS2019. It shows up in Surveyor, but not in Driver.

I don't know... It seems to work fine for me and shows in both places.

Ensure it's checked in your available commands for driver.

Last edited:
Ensure it's checked in your available commands for driver.

Failing that some driver command will not appear in Driver if there is no target for their actions - for example: The "Wait For Trigger" command will not appear in a drivers command set if there is no trigger in the session/route.

Failing that some driver command will not appear in Driver if there is no target for their actions - for example: The "Wait For Trigger" command will not appear in a drivers command set if there is no trigger in the session/route.

That doesn't seem to be the case with Instant Load, which is an available driver command if it's installed.

If anything I would check Content Manager and ensure it's not open for edit, or is faulty in some way. As I said it works fine for me and looking here in Surveyor, I'm actually in the route editor right now, and it appears in the list.

I actually have two versions here with both unchecked because none of these commands are available for the route editor because I don't setup sessions in the route-editing side of things. I don't know why there are two so I've left them both in case one is newer and belongs to some payware. As long as it's not checked, it shouldn't bother anything, I think.

Capture.jpg

I hope this is the right thread, but I am having trouble starting Trainz 2019. I downloaded it this afternoon, including the update, so am on build 97556. When I click on 'Start Trainz' it goes into the 'Asset Download' page. The first line of the window says that it is downloading part 2 of Sebino Lake, but it has been stuck on that for more than an hour. I did manage to minimise the window, but the computer is extremely slow, suggesting that something is happening. All the other routes are listed below, but have yet to be downloaded. I have activated a first class ticket.

Oh, another annoyance, is horrible muzak playing in the background. It has a horrible tinkly piano, but looking in settings I cannot find a way of turning it off. It is like going back to the year 2000 when websites had music in the background 'because they could'. Is there any way to turn the music off?

Sorry if these questions have been aired before, but I could not find anything on other threads.

Added later: This is a screen shot:

y4mz-D63u-jwvKY5QccghHqprEzv8hP__hxcNGg2JVGB-Rmy9spt5BhupzKOkqCxuGgH32EkWKLBXEuIec7tvKvBa_euV3gjEBiIPAHj9O7-v2155lLLcsVYMXjuHxFadFRB73tsKDCMuz3L66irryPotOXd3hDc9CZM-p6jghF91KgMvvLX1MIkIxqiad_Ut70ah81W4JhZq24SEIx4szgUg

Last edited:
Sebino Lake is a big install that one will take a bit to download, but if you check other downloads, you'll see they're working at the same time.

Let it run...

There is an issue though, which needs mentioning. There's some downloads which are stuck. They will remain in the queue with nothing to download after everything is complete. Ignore those and close the window and continue on to what you are going to do.

Regarding the sound issue, have a look in the in-game settings (main menu whilst in-game) on the Sound tab. There's a tick box that deals with the menu music.

Shane

Hi
There is an issue though, which needs mentioning. There's some downloads which are stuck. They will remain in the queue with nothing to download after everything is complete. Ignore those and close the window and continue on to what you are going to do.
That's my case.

I.M.

I don't know if this is a "bug" or just the way Trainz works, but I'll report it anyway.

Since TS2006 ( and maybe before I don't know) Locomotives sometimes have trouble getting up to speed after the loco has needed to stop on a curved section of track. This seems to only happen when using the "easy mode" of driving. Sometimes the locomotive won't even be able to move, even after giving it full power.

If I switch to the "realistic mode" for a few seconds, the loco will then begin moving. And please don't tell me to use "realistic mode" all the time.

I don't know if this is a "bug" or just the way Trainz works, but I'll report it anyway.

Since TS2006 ( and maybe before I don't know) Locomotives sometimes have trouble getting up to speed after the loco has needed to stop on a curved section of track. This seems to only happen when using the "easy mode" of driving. Sometimes the locomotive won't even be able to move, even after giving it full power.

If I switch to the "realistic mode" for a few seconds, the loco will then begin moving. And please don't tell me to use "realistic mode" all the time.

This I think goes back further than that. I remember that from TRS2004.

There always was some disparity between so-called Easy mode, formerly called DCC mode and Cab mode driving with these kinds of things, physics, and other stuff which becomes quite noticeable when the AI are driving because I think they use a combination of DCC-CAB mode features.

Back