Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Early Access - Update 1 now available

Default TRS19 Early Access - Update 1 now available

Check all the juicy release details here... and check all the content update details here...

Thanks to our beta testers for the previous round of testing. As you will see from the release notes, we're already well underway on making a number of additional improvements, especialy with respect to environment settings and handling of legacy materials.

You will be pleased to note that we've identified and resolved the "overbright" settings (for imported routes). This fix isn't in your current update and will apply retrospectively for any 4.5 or lower routes. So if you have saved in TRS19 (which is trainzbuild 4.6) then you will need to manually adjust the settings.

While we're a little behind our schedule for this release, the progress we've made already in the background means that we are still confident of our Q4 release for the final release. Of course, now that I have said that in print, we better make sure we hit our target .

We are also VERY close to getting the next of the built-in routes out to you. Stay tuned...
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

Thanks Tony,

It took only seconds (on a 25MBps link) to download and install - my slower ADSL2+ home system will be slower tonight on my desktop copy. Currently running a DB repair.

EDIT: One item in your change list is bound to cause problems - "Female drivers can no longer have a moustache"
    Last edited by pware; November 2nd, 2018 at 01:14 AM.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Thanks Tony,

EDIT: One item in your change list is bound to cause problems - "Female drivers can no longer have a moustache"
    That's in the 1950's content set. In the 2018 content set women can grow their facial hair and men can wear what they want as well
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    That's in the 1950's content set. In the 2018 content set women can grow their facial hair and men can wear what they want as well
    Very sensible.

My install is now attempting to download some DLC packages - specifically Coal Country (good to see the actual names appearing in the list instead of the package names) but no download is occurring. Is that me or an incorrect setting at your end (I did a TRS19 restart)?

EDIT: Running another DBR seems to have fixed that problem.
    Last edited by pware; November 2nd, 2018 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks Tony. Downloading it right now. Even though I had no crashes or much in the way in problems other than flashing bushes ,some messed up trees and some overly washed out textures on objects with 9600 I'm looking forward to all the fixes and improvements.
    Chuck

Blog Entries

The Asset Download window is still popping up each time I start TRS19 and it shows the Coal Country parts 1 to 6 as available for downloading but they do not download when I click Download All. I already have Coal Country installed in TRS19 (it came with the initial install) but it does have some missing assets. Could that be the issue?

My Update 1 has been stuck on 39 mins to go for about two hours.
    Any suggestions

All's well that ends well, left it running when I retired for the night, OK this morning.
    Last edited by JackDownUnder; November 2nd, 2018 at 02:03 PM.
    JackDownUnder

Downloading here. Looking forward to seeing the changes and improvements.

Also just switched off Game Bar as per advice in other thread.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Blog Entries

The ECML cdps will not download for me although I got updates to Newcastle Shunter and the Aerotrain.

Paul

Still got shiny embankments roads and platforms. Show stopper for me.
    Malc

United States of America, Louisiana, New Orleans

My update was speedy and flawless.

I like what I see but I'm really disappointed that the game clock is still hours and minutes with no seconds.

About three iterations ago we had seconds. What happened?

Cheers
    Chris (nawlins)
    "If all else fails, read the instructions."

I now have now got the shiny glittering embankments (and some walls) which I didn’t have prior to the beta update, and they are still there with the latest patch. Everything else looks good, but I can’t routebuild until I can get back to the pre update state. I have submitted a bug report, but believe the problem is already known.
    It’s such a pity, and very frustrating, as I was convinced I would be moving my WIP projects to 2019, but this issue is a deal breaker for me.
    Best wishes
    Ian

Blog Entries

Patching was quick and smooth but I did make an observation during the following database repair.

One of the things mentioned was a warning relating to Librarycall being obsolete. Whilst I'm not 100% sure whether that appeared in this build or a prior one, does this mean a change on how script libraries are handled from assets that make use of the library's code? (I'm thinking of things like andi06's Superscript library which I know several assets make use of).

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    The ECML cdps will not download for me although I got updates to Newcastle Shunter and the Aerotrain.
    No ECML CDPs downloading for me either - just seems to be teasing me with these 10 downloads. Didn't get any other in-game updates either (96000 to 97556).

Cheers,
    Paul

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

The patch came down and went in quickly. The ensuing DBR went well.

I'm now testing a route I've imported, merged and played around with in TRS19. The changes are intact from the previous work, which is a good thing, and so far so good in Surveyor.

I've noticed one thing that needs mentioned, and I'm not sure if it occurred previously.

When adjusting terrain on textured baseboards is really, really slow and chunky. Performing the same function on a blank baseboard is fine.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100