Schedule Rule - ???

boleyd

I do not understand how to use the clocks. Is the left clock supposed to start a train moving? How does it break out of the Schedule to execute other commands? If not, then its purpose is not obvious to me...

Many-Trees006.jpg

I can guess you are new to the scheduling option Trainz has:).

Anyway, the left clock shows the time the train has to arrive either early, or on time. It'll give you a warming if you are late.
The right clock shows when the train can depart the location. Departing early will show the next stop (if programmed), but will also show a warning that the train has departed too early.

The other commands will execute when there are no more scheduled stops in the schedule itself.

Hope it helps

In addition to the above, the driver command Drive Schedule is what allows the train to drive according to the schedule from memory.

Shane

I never heard of a new scheduling process.......

The rule looks like an aid for driving. Not what I need. Strictly AI.

:eek: I don't want to make an assumption here. But does this Rule only show under TR19 Trainz Version?

Update: Thank you Gentleman for the answers, I have to play around with the Rules, that part of Trainz I Green as can be, but experience over time will help me.........

Last edited:
I do not understand how to use the clocks. Is the left clock supposed to start a train moving? How does it break out of the Schedule to execute other commands? If not, then its purpose is not obvious to me...

Many-Trees006.jpg

This appears to be <kuid:-3:10185> Schedule Rule, right? I think it is primarily intended for passenger operations rather than industrial.

* Pick a departure point, either depot or trackmark, then enter the ETA (00:00:00 works at the departure point) and the scheduled departure time. If it's a depot then select the (Track), e.g. Platform 1, Platform 2, etc.
* Next pick any number arrival points (and Tracks for depots), the scheduled arrival and departure times and the action to take, e.g. LOAD. Trackmarks won't have the Track or Action options. The final destination is the same except the departure time is immaterial. You can use Terminate Passenger Train for the Action. I haven't tried Delete Train yet....

It can be used either in AI mode or human driver. If the latter, the arrivals and departures will still be displayed and it ought to roll over to the next destination, which I found useful in sessions I created. I find it rolls over at the scheduled departure time rather than the actual departure.

This rule worked OK in 2009. In 12 it developed AI issues but was usable with a human driver. In TANE it collapsed and N3V has been working on it. It is not fixed yet there. I cannot speak to 19.

Give it a try with those parameters and let us know, eh?

:B~)

I am continuing to be confused. Is the rule pictured above the "new" schedule rule mentioned in a previous message? Or, is here a new rule for scheduling/ Is that any documentation anywhere to put the "new rule" into operational context?

I only use AI. So I tried the rule displayed in my message and the previous message. I could not get any operational control of the selected train at any time specified on the departure clock. It seemed to do nothing... I understand the entering of options and all that but what is it supposed to do functionally???

Last edited:
I am continuing to be confused. Is the rule pictured above the "new" schedule rule mentioned in a previous message? Or, is here a new rule for scheduling/ Is that any documentation anywhere to put the "new rule" into operational context?

I only use AI. So I tried the rule displayed in my message and the previous message. I could not get any operational control of the selected train at any time specified on the departure clock. It seemed to do nothing... I understand the entering of options and all that but what is it supposed to do functionally???

Dick, it's supposed be a timetable to govern the AI driver. I say "supposed to" advisedly because in T:ANE it does not work. It is broken. Last time I saw it work 100% was the older version in 2009.

I put a trouble ticket in on it and they have done some work on it, but the AI drivers still do not work right.

They will depart point-of-origin on time and arrive at the next stop, but if they're running late they depart without the Action, and if OT or early they lose their minds, sitting there spinning so to speak their wheels. You can directly command them to Stop Train, then Continue Schedule, but you may have to hit Stop Train repeatedly to get the driver's attention. Easier to Abandon Schedule or just yank the command, then reinsert it.

It's only current functionality is as a timetable for the human driver.

Hope this clarifies it a bit.

Bob

Bob, first thanks for your response. However, I have a problem. I am unable to understand what the basic intent of the process is. If I set times in the clocks, make the needed selections of train and destination is the rule expected to actually "drive" the train to the destination? If so, when, relative to the set Departure time does it do that. Is the AI train started by the rule to meet the some target? Or, is this some monitoring tool that allows the customer to adjust their AI times to meet the schedule defined by the clocks. In that case if the AI train does not meet the clock times the customer/user is notified. Sorry for the confusion but I can think of things it might do but what does it actually DO.
Thanks
Dick

Hi.

The schedule rule is not at all a new rule : it has existed at least since TRS2006 …

As it was explained earlier in this thread, the rule only looks at the target train to see if it follows or not the defined schedule : it will display for all the defined stops at what time the train arrived ; if it was in advance, on time or late ; and it will do the same for the departure time. The rule does not drive the train and should work with either AI trains or player's driven train : it only registers the train target schedule and if the train has followed or not the timetable ...

For AI train, there is a driver command : Drive schedule, that will retrieve the current schedule and should drive the AI train following the schedule defined in the rule. In fact the Drive schedule driver command will internally do a DriveTo the next stop defined in the schedule, wait for the departure time if it arrives at the stop before the departure time (or leave immediatly after a short stop if it is late) and will redo the same process for all successive defined stops.
Take care that the Drive schedule begins by driving to the first stop so it is better that the train is not already stopped at the first stop.

I have used it a lot when I began using Trainz in TRS2006. Now I prefer to use my own scheduling system which is based on EITs, Mission Code Manager and Stops and Timetables Manager rule, which is very similar to the schedule rule and the drive schedule command, but has been designed to be fully compatible with EITs and MCM.

Hope this may help.

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Yes. Sorry. I should have pointed out the AI needs the separate driver command. That might have reduced the confusion. Thanks, Pierre.

problem with schedule

Hi.

The schedule rule is not at all a new rule : it has existed at least since TRS2006 …

As it was explained earlier in this thread, the rule only looks at the target train to see if it follows or not the defined schedule : it will display for all the defined stops at what time the train arrived ; if it was in advance, on time or late ; and it will do the same for the departure time. The rule does not drive the train and should work with either AI trains or player's driven train : it only registers the train target schedule and if the train has followed or not the timetable ...

For AI train, there is a driver command : Drive schedule, that will retrieve the current schedule and should drive the AI train following the schedule defined in the rule. In fact the Drive schedule driver command will internally do a DriveTo the next stop defined in the schedule, wait for the departure time if it arrives at the stop before the departure time (or leave immediatly after a short stop if it is late) and will redo the same process for all successive defined stops.
Take care that the Drive schedule begins by driving to the first stop so it is better that the train is not already stopped at the first stop.

I have used it a lot when I began using Trainz in TRS2006. Now I prefer to use my own scheduling system which is based on EITs, Mission Code Manager and Stops and Timetables Manager rule, which is very similar to the schedule rule and the drive schedule command, but has been designed to be fully compatible with EITs and MCM.

Hope this may help.

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

I have a problem with the drivers and the schedules that i set for my trains, do not show up in the driver screens. i get this message.

Thread Exception ER NullReference, Line454, file. Stack Dump Function $void Driver Module Main 0,Line-1

I know this thread is very old, but i'm hoping you can help me with this, or maybe someone that you know can help.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Ian Sanders

Back