Garrard Pass - WIP

A new route that I started on sooner than I expected to. This is actually the third time doing this route. I tried once back in 2010 with TS 2009 WBE, the second being in 2015 with TS12. That route I still have but much needed changes had to be made due to unrealistic track grades and needing to ensure my helper points wouldn't mess up my grade crossings. Which is why I put the TRC crossings in place where helpers are stationed to avoid those problems. Here's some screenshots of my route starting in Heitmann, which is a helper base for eastbound trains on the west end of the pass who need extra help. Westbound trains offload their helpers here before heading into the valley.
6CBbbxS.jpg
5bLW1Mr.jpg
yrL3gKR.jpg
xW2uIhv.jpg

Tomorrow is when the real work begins. I'll be installing a continuous 1.6% gradient from the first baseboard after Interstate 60 passes over my main line to Paxson, Northland.

I see curves and grades ... OMG :cool:

A grade bends, the start of lead in, and the end of lead out, tracks like rubber bands

To minimize this downward, or upward warp, place slightly overlapping spline points at the very bottom, and at the very top of the grade, and apply the same spline point height measurement numeral to those spline points (---OO---)

-----FLAT-----BASE-OO----GRADE UP----OO-SUMMIT-OO----GRADE DOWN-----OO-BASE-----FLAT-----

Last edited:
I see curves and grades ... OMG :cool:

A grade bends, the start of lead in, and the end of lead out, tracks like rubber bands

To minimize this downward, or upward warp, place slightly overlapping spline points at the very bottom, and at the very top of the grade, and apply the same spline point height measurement numeral to those spline points (---OO---)

-----FLAT-----BASE-OO----GRADE UP----OO-SUMMIT-OO----GRADE DOWN-----OO-BASE-----FLAT-----

You're gonna have to show me an example of what you mean because I'm confused.

You're gonna have to show me an example of what you mean because I'm confused.
Slightly overlapping, football shaped, figure 8, spline point circles
Screen_003-15.jpg

Last edited:
Back