Questions on Interlocking Towers and Single Track ATC

bnsfc

Steam Nut
I'm trying to set up a "base session" for legacy of the BN 2 (or any single main route for that matter)so I can drive the route without it being a ghost line. The end goal is to have the AI trains use either the autopilot command or just the go to opposite portal to make adding new consists easy. I've tried a few things and they either didn't work or didn't do what I want. I've tried setting up interlocking tower blocks but I'm not sure they are set up right.

The main question is this. if I set up a block from the end of one passing siding to the end of another, and the same in the opposite direction, will I still get cornfield meets? And is this even practical for my end goal?

Hi

You need to set up a path between the two passing sections so that the whole section is one path. This means that once a consist has taken control of that path no other consist can set an opposite path through it, therefore no cornfield meets. You will also need to set up Track Circuit Blocks for the passing sections as you don't want a second consist following into the section if the next passing loop is occupied.

It all sounds a bit complicated but once you've done one and can see the logic of how it works it soon becomes much easier. This works well where the single line section is fairly short but the downside is that it only allows one train in the section at a time. If the section is quite long then you can get backlogs of trains waiting for their turn to go through.

Pierre Guy has a number of sample routes, all starting their name with "EIT DemoRoute - UK", on the DLS which include a single line section and illustrate how to set up and use the pathing and Track Circuit Blocks.

Regards

Brian

Back