Portals

Keep looking down...

Hi, I've just done a portal test in TRS19 which may help. This is what I did.

Firstly, I've never had any portal problems in TANE, TS12 or earlier versions. When I saw this thread I set up a test in TRS19 for each ,... 1 'Portal' - 2 'Portal Basic' and 3 'Portal Basic Short'.

It was a simple drive via a trackmark, then navigate to an exit portal. Each portal was placed, named with no rule instructions added.

I always use Central Portal Control to set up the drivers, consists and commands. They were all set to emit a consist immediately, then produce a sequential consist every 2 minutes with the Timer fluctuation set to 0.

Initially, all portals produced a consist, however 'Portal'#1 didn't emit from the tunnel, it stopped midway then reversed back in. (This was the first time I'd seen a Portal do this)

I exited Driver mode and checked Central Portal Control only to find I could not access it. It displayed "Property Browser Refresh() Not Handled.
PORTAL-CPC-ERROR.jpg

So, I first deleted and replaced the faulty Portal, then deleted and replaced another Central Portal Control with the commands again.
This time in driver mode, all portals operated perfectly emitting a consist every 2 minutes.

There may have been a glitch when I first placed the original portal, but all good now.

Cheers,
Roy

Even worse, the portal's modifying menu won't even open at all in driver.

Back