Game Freezing when opening Train Menu

MarkNolan

I have now twice opened up the Train Consist menu andimmediately the game freezes (in surveyor). Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I haven't had the problem, but if I did, I would go to review my consists in the Content Manager to see if everything is in order. If necessary you can export each consist to cdp and find the offender by process of elimination (this all assuming the vehicle menu does not crash).

Ensure your antivirus isn't scanning anything in the TRS19 program folders or your data folder.

Also check that it isn't showing a "precaching" message when you are loading the consists into memory. Beta builds do not have any pre-cached data so your hardware has to process the content upon first load. If a precaching message is showing, just wait (possibly a few minutes depending on the number of consists you have installed) and it will continue.

Same Here

I have now twice opened up the Train Consist menu andimmediately the game freezes (in surveyor). Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have had the exact same issue for a couple of days now but only after the new update came out, you never know, maybe this is just a temporary bug?

I have had the exact same issue for a couple of days now but only after the new update came out, you never know, maybe this is just a temporary bug?

It sounds like TRS19 is validating the new content. Start up Content Manager and let it run untouched for awhile. While this is running, open up the logs and watch the messages. They will continue to scroll by until all the content is validated.

In Content Manager or at the Launcher, click on Developer and then Show Logs.

This will open a new window and you can watch the messages move by. If you click on the screen in the middle, you can stop the scrolling so you can read and copy the text by highlighting it and pressing CTRL+C., or click on Edit Copy if you want from the menu too. Moving the scroll bar to the bottom, and the log will continue to scroll by.

Mark, check in CM to see if you have any faulty consists. If so, delete or disable them and TRS19 should then operate normally. I had that problem too, but recalled an issue where a faulty engine caused slow loading in My Content.
cheers
Graeme

There is a known [rare] issue regarding the consists menu (it's actually related to precaching, but this is one place it occurs). It is fixed internally. Meanwhile it is best just to avoid that Train tab.

Mark, check in CM to see if you have any faulty consists. If so, delete or disable them and TRS19 should then operate normally. I had that problem too, but recalled an issue where a faulty engine caused slow loading in My Content.
cheers
Graeme

Yeah I told him this in the 1st response

Back