Wireframe view (large pics)

smash

Whos on First?
I just wanted to ask does anybody else have problems with wirefame mode? I have trouble seeing the wireframe because it is washed out by the "underlying" white.
This is in tane.
Wireframe-Mode-Tane.jpg

This is in TRS2019
Wireframe-mode-in-TRS2019-EA.jpg

Thanks
Kenny

Adjust your sunlight and ambient light settings. You'll have no trouble seeing the wireframe mesh then.

I have the same problem. And I'd like to know exactly "what" we're supposed to adjust them to?

Why is this not set properly as a default? TANE was fine at default, has something changed with the grid?

Adjust the sky preview colour towards grey (select the "bottom" position and adjust the RGB dials).

You can also get a "thin" wireframe from TransDEM if you buy that. It is the best solution.

pdw

The suggestion didn’t help me either. I adjusted the RGB dials from one extreme to the other and saw little change.

The suggestion didn’t help me either. I adjusted the RGB dials from one extreme to the other and saw little change.

Paul,

Click on the Ambient color and adjust the slider up or down and repeat the same with the sun color.

Resolving these problems would be a whole lot easier if the Environment settings panel had digital readouts for the dials and sliders. This would allow anyone who had a good setting to simple give a set of numbers to anyone who was interested instead of making vague statements like the one given by Tony above, or having to send a screenshot of the panel! It would not be a major task - the data is already available!! The improved capabilities of the new lighting system make it much more pressing than previously. Yes, this is one of my two gripes about TRS19. Otherwise it is a great product.

Exactly. Now users are just hostages of current totally unfriendly environment settings system. It even gets worse...

Did you click on a time dot or add one first?
Click the + to add a time; try noon for example.

You can then adjust the sliders. I also turn the fog off as well.

I clicked on a time dot. When I adjust the sliders the track overlay changes from light to dark as do the other assets. The grid does not change. It appears that this problem may however be addressed in an upcoming release.

I clicked on a time dot. When I adjust the sliders the track overlay changes from light to dark as do the other assets. The grid does not change. It appears that this problem may however be addressed in an upcoming release.

Yup it appears to have been a bug, which we were using a bandage to get around!

I just saw that in the release notes for the new version. It appears what we were doing was a workaround for an internal bug. Why it worked for some of us and not you I don't know.

Even with this mornings patch, there is very little improvement. I still have the same problem, except if I zoom in as far as possible, I can start to make out grid lines. Was unable to do that previously.

Played with sliders/dials as instructed in this thread (although I am clueless as to what it is I'm doing when adjusting) and has no effect other than to darken other assets.

Back