Western Maryland Scenic Railroad

rwk

Here is my version of it. The route is actually the Cumberland Connellsville route by jrfolco that I'm modifying to reflect the WMSR changes. I might delete everything except the WMSR segment and keep most of Cumberland, MD and Ridgeley, WV. That means the entire PA segment will be deleted. Is most of the former WM gone past Frostburg into PA and past Ridgeley, WV? Though there are a few segments existing in WV and MD that are disconnected from the WMSR. The tourist train at Elkins, WV uses the former WM Thomas subdivision, which once went to Cumberland but a lot of trackage between Ridgeley and Elkins is gone except for some short segments.

44277287_10215921192639346_5932241462396715008_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hi rwk - here's a couple of tip for screenshots in Surveyor you may not know about... use Alt-U and Alt-Y to get a view without any UI and then use your arrow keys and mouse to navigate and position the camera.

Half the fun of route building is putting the (now torn up) old tracks back in service, to reflect the days of yesteryear

One total travesty would be to tear up the 4 track PRR, and reduce it to the present day 2 track line, tearing up all the great yards and interlockings

Last edited:
Half the fun of route building is putting the (now torn up) old tracks back in service, to reflect the days of yesteryear

One total travesty would be to tear up the 4 track PRR, and reduce it to the present day 2 track line, tearing up all the great yards and interlockings

I agree. So much has been ripped up everywhere. Whenever I start a DEM-based route, I end up building more than I want because of this. In my routes the old abandoned lines are now secondary mainlines or short lines running the tracks alongside the current mainline. It makes for some interesting interchange operations which are now long gone. With Trainz we have the luxury of building that without taking up much space and no waste of materials.

Back