Edinburgh-Dundee YouTube Premiere - Coming Soon!

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
YouTube have released a new "Premiere"feature and we're keen to check it out.

Click the image below to go to the video page where you can set a reminder for when the video goes live.

We'll be available online for a live chat for an hour or so once it is released.

See you there in a bit over four hours from the time of this post!

Last edited:
Hi Tony --

Just looking at the image in your post. The ground texture. It doesn't look like PBR? What about the track -- is that the new TRS19 track?

Phil

Still looks a bit like the old days to me old rolling stock old loco's gee i thought we could come up with sum thing better then this for the new version Tony.
Not Impressed Mick.:)

Hi Mick. Got a spare $10mil you'd like to send our way? We'll throw in all new locos next version for you. :)

We're in discussions with some UK teams about updates for the UK stock. If you know anyone who would be interested in being involved, please let them know to contact us.

Looked like Mike10's Forth Rail Bridge from a long time ago. Good looking route overall though and always good to see UK content.

Sorry, don't have $10mil, not even Australian dollars ;)

I will be taking a look at it. As you say amigacooke, good to see UK content. Tony, only AU$10 million? As someone who has commissioned payware at a steady rate for over seven years I am still "not there" with N.E.R./L.N.E.R. locomotives, coaches and rolling stock! Even if you concentrate on UK BR diesels it is a wider and deeper project than you might think at first glance. The EE type 3/BR Class 37 Co-Co for example, has now achieved a working life of close on 60 years. centre headcode, split headcode, BR green, BR blue, BR large logo, BR sectors, Early privatisation (EWS Railways for one), later privatisation, 37/4 and 37/7 variants. You will certainly "miss out" someone because a variant is left out!

I find myself looking at all that BR blue and saying 'No'. I have no doubts at all that the landscape is wonderful, but the BR Blue era! Not for this girl.

Hi Kotangagirl. In my opinion BR 70s is a reasonable compromise. Step back to say 1960 and there will probably be double the amount of track and infrastructure. Step forward to the present day and while there is less track than the 70s, it is electrified at Edinburgh and there is not a lot of motive power or rolling stock available to run on it! No Class 91 electric in current LNER livery, nor in the previous VTEC nor East Coast Railways liveries. No Mk4 coaches either, so the main passenger train on the ECML since 1991 is just not represented at all. The HST and Mk3 model is ancient by Trainz standards and will surely look really "primitive" on a 1979 ECML route in TSR2019.

I have largely rolled back a 35 mile section of the built in ECML route for County Durham to the steam era and there is literally more than five times as much track compared to the original 1970s! A tremendous amount of steam infrastructure has to be put in place too. I would not envy the task for the modelling group who have built the ECML and Dundee extension if a decision was made to produce a "East Coast main Line 1955" version!

Last edited:
I do very much understand your point borderreiver. I would be shocked speechless if N3V came out with a 1955 UK route on the ECML, but we both know it's not going to happen. It's the same reason that t'other simulator does nothing except flood my inbox with pictures of their latest diesel and electric operated routes (Which I take great joy in deleting by the way). Modern routes are just easier to build and don't require the numbers of more complex period buildings and additional track formations necessary to represent a large steam era railway. And then there is the fact that gradually one by one the best UK locomotive and rolling stock creators are ceasing to build anything more for Trainz. Illness and aging seem to be the main reasons, - and no new blood is coming through to take their place. I would love to be able to do 3D modelling, but the cognitive deficits caused by narcolepsy mean that I can't, - and it wasn't for lack of trying either. It's enough of an effort for me to do the rolling stock re-skins that I do.

I like the video and look of the route, but why can we not hear the trains and network rather than the music overlay? I know this is PR/marketing but the actual sound of the railway is part of the immersion. I don't listen to music when I'm driving in any of the big three sims.

As regards BR Blue era, as someone whose interest and railway career started and bloomed in that period I can identify most strongly with it. Was an age of "proper" trains that had comfortable seating, not the plastic plank covered with a thin piece of fabric we are now being graced with (looking at you, Class 800 IET's). Most long distance trains were still loco hauled with first generation DMU's on local services. Away from the main lines jointed track was still the norm.

So for me, Edinburgh to Dundee is quite eagerly awaited - particularly if it adds all the motive power and trainsets seen in the clip to default TRS2019.

I like the video and look of the route, but why can we not hear the trains and network rather than the music overlay? I know this is PR/marketing but the actual sound of the railway is part of the immersion. I don't listen to music when I'm driving in any of the big three sims.

As regards BR Blue era, as someone whose interest and railway career started and bloomed in that period I can identify most strongly with it. Was an age of "proper" trains that had comfortable seating, not the plastic plank covered with a thin piece of fabric we are now being graced with (looking at you, Class 800 IET's). Most long distance trains were still loco hauled with first generation DMU's on local services. Away from the main lines jointed track was still the norm.

So for me, Edinburgh to Dundee is quite eagerly awaited - particularly if it adds all the motive power and trainsets seen in the clip to default TRS2019.

I don't like the video. It's not the subject matter but the style - short little scenes flashing on and off the screen like one of those brain-damaging cartoons that induce the short-little attention span often seen in today's culture butterflies. Why no long and lingering scenes, especially some showing details of things? Does it cost more? No.

Perhaps a less jiggery-jiggery video would be too boring for those culture butterflies?

Lataxe

True enough, - it was like one of those videos that are dangerous to epileptics. It was impossible to see anything or get any sense of what the route was like.

Back