Drivers

lrjanzen

Is it just me or are the drivers in TS19 really creepy? I think it is the semi-animation that has them looking around like a guy who just sold a container of TVs to his 'Best Friend". I remembered the old ones as generic looking folks who were generally smiling.
I am really sorry if I hurt the feelings of the artist.

Is it just me or are the drivers in TS19 really creepy? I think it is the semi-animation that has them looking around like a guy who just sold a container of TVs to his 'Best Friend". I remembered the old ones as generic looking folks who were generally smiling.
I am really sorry if I hurt the feelings of the artist.

The driver images do no look a bit like the originals and there are genda problems.

Yup.

Weird alien-like critters that look like they've got stuff to sell out of the back of a truck. One of them looks like my late sister's ex.

Gender issues, what do you mean? Cameron with golden curls and big lashes, what's wrong with that? :)

Tony said they're still working on the gender thing, thank gawd!

There is an option to go back to the old images for driving which is fine by me, but you still get the creepy critters when you select a driver from the list when switching or adding a driver. It looks like this is still WIP overall.

I made a thread that said why don't we just use the locomotive's photo instead of a driver? I mean its not like we NEED a driver to be put with every train. We don't need to identify trains with their name is what I am saying. In real life, trains are identified by the running number of the lead loco, not the driver. For Trainz we could also add the entire loco's name. Like PRR L1s #2911 for example.

I made a thread that said why don't we just use the locomotive's photo instead of a driver? I mean its not like we NEED a driver to be put with every train. We don't need to identify trains with their name is what I am saying. In real life, trains are identified by the running number of the lead loco, not the driver. For Trainz we could also add the entire loco's name. Like PRR L1s #2911 for example.

That's not such a bad idea or option. The ability to rename a loco too, to let's say the consist is helpful as well. I've done that with drivers assigned to portals like this Fred ---- P - Tilton to Westville, BobD ---- P - Tilton to St. Albans, etc. This helps finding whose stuck where and when if there's Fred the driver and Fred from a portal much quicker, and to know who to keep an eye on.

With a locomotive named to a consist, we could do something like UPRR GP38-2 #625 --- E Blackburn Div, and so on. With this we know that GP38-2 #625 is assigned to the E Blackburn Division so if this loco is stuck somewhere, we know pretty much where to hunt on the route.

That's not such a bad idea or option. The ability to rename a loco too, to let's say the consist is helpful as well. I've done that with drivers assigned to portals like this Fred ---- P - Tilton to Westville, BobD ---- P - Tilton to St. Albans, etc. This helps finding whose stuck where and when if there's Fred the driver and Fred from a portal much quicker, and to know who to keep an eye on.

With a locomotive named to a consist, we could do something like UPRR GP38-2 #625 --- E Blackburn Div, and so on. With this we know that GP38-2 #625 is assigned to the E Blackburn Division so if this loco is stuck somewhere, we know pretty much where to hunt on the route.

Exactly. Loco numbers are also built up if you have more than 1 of the same loco or car on a route. Like PRR USRA 55 Ton Hopper 1, 2, 3...and so on. Same goes for locomotives. Renaming them, which is what you did, it also a brilliant idea. Being able to rename them using the Quick Drive menu IN DRIVER would be even better! But of course N3V won't add that... They didn't even take on my idea for an "Edit Trains" filter for in Driver. I will hate sifting through 1,000 things named "PRR" at the start of the name or whatever else cause I can't remember the name of it. Another thing is typing the name into the search box on the right only gets you exact results. Meaning you will NEVER get any results with PRR further right in the name. So you won't get 50ft Boxcar PRR for example because you didn't put 50ft in there.

All Tony said was "well make a consist for it". I don't want to make a consist with everything PRR on it! That's insane! It just shows how stubborn they are too. Even with the consist handler, it is still super hard to find the consists you want from a specific railroad or country. Having a filter in Driver, like the one in Surveyor WITHOUT the pick list, would be very nice.

Last edited:
one supposes that personifying drivers, and the driver's ability, might come into play in another kind of game. like, was the driver drunk all weekend. of course, if the images we're shown are of Trainz Friendz... : )

Exactly. Loco numbers are also built up if you have more than 1 of the same loco or car on a route. Like PRR USRA 55 Ton Hopper 1, 2, 3...and so on. Same goes for locomotives. Renaming them, which is what you did, it also a brilliant idea. Being able to rename them using the Quick Drive menu IN DRIVER would be even better! But of course N3V won't add that... They didn't even take on my idea for an "Edit Trains" filter for in Driver. I will hate sifting through 1,000 things named "PRR" at the start of the name or whatever else cause I can't remember the name of it. Another thing is typing the name into the search box on the right only gets you exact results. Meaning you will NEVER get any results with PRR further right in the name. So you won't get 50ft Boxcar PRR for example because you didn't put 50ft in there.

All Tony said was "well make a consist for it". I don't want to make a consist with everything PRR on it! That's insane! It just shows how stubborn they are too. Even with the consist handler, it is still super hard to find the consists you want from a specific railroad or country. Having a filter in Driver, like the one in Surveyor WITHOUT the pick list, would be very nice.

For a quick workaround, Tony is right. Make a consist. I made a bunch, but gave them meaningful names such as 1 ---- Very long CSX mixed freight, 2 ---- Very long PVRX mixed freight.

These are specifically named, but contain various freight cars, etc., and I place one and remove what I don't want. At one point I had simple numbers like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. These were for quick placement of freight around a route before we could edit trains on the fly, which is a really handy feature. Now that that's been implemented, it's time for improvements, thus, your suggestion.

So with that said, you need to put in a suggestion for the filter. There's a gazillion things on the list in there now and to make your suggestion stand out, make a case for it with examples. They do listen, but they are a small organization with a smattering of employees and they have to prioritize and manage a large workload.

Keep in mind too that additions to the program can break something else such as the texture issue we're seeing with George's beautiful locomotives, and changes and updates don't usually happen between versions and usually only occur on full Service packs and program changes. This is no different than Adobe or Microsoft, for example, and it's understandable. SPs and HFs are usually for repairs and not full program changes.

Additions to the program also get measured in the workplace too as man-hours, which means how long will it take and how many resources, meaning money time, etc., will it take to implement. Your idea sounds simple enough, but maybe it isn't so they need to juggle what can be done easier, quicker, faster, and keep the cost down.

That doesn't mean your suggestion won't get implemented. Things are changing with TRS19 with the new monthly payment system. This means there's a continuous revenue stream instead of only large chunks with sales. This means that with a continuing cash flow, there are more resources to put into updates and changes.

There's a lot more going on under the hood as they say than what we can see here in the public forums. Only Tony and Paul O. can give us more details than what we see. As I said organize and get your idea in the Suggestion Boxcar. There are some things in the program now which were once suggestions including layers, hover-over text to see full names in menus and lists, the edit trains pull-out and others.

I got know your article’s Content and your article skill both are always good. Thanks for sharing this article this content is very significant for me I really appreciate you tutuapp android

Last edited:
I find the AI drivers in TS2019 quite amusing really especially since I mostly run mid-19th century locomotives and rolling stock. It would be nice though if TS2019 had some properly dressed drivers though and not the present scruffy shifty looking lot in hi-vis gear.

0kOU4bw.jpg

imPLtMQ.jpg

Last edited:
Considering the amount of time I spent in overalls when I was younger as a keen tinker on all things mechanical I think I could easily rock that kind of look Mike. That picture is a real favourite of mine.

Yes it's a wartime picture Mike. There was an artist from back in the day who made a really nice drawing based on the photo. Both the photo and the drawing can be found on-line.

JackDownUnder - To turn the animated driver portraits off, click on the 'Track Profile Settings' wrench (near the bottom left-hand corner of your screen in Driver mode) and untick the box at the bottom of the list, and under Driver Portraits, that says 'Animated Portraits'.
That will revert the driver images to the more familiar - and less distracting - 2D portraits.

I knew that I had seen it before.
Thank you.
JackDownUnder - To turn the animated driver portraits off, click on the 'Track Profile Settings' wrench (near the bottom left-hand corner of your screen in Driver mode) and untick the box at the bottom of the list, and under Driver Portraits, that says 'Animated Portraits'.
That will revert the driver images to the more familiar - and less distracting - 2D portraits.

have you noticed the animated drivers in the locos?.my grand daughter and grandson both have. they even noticed that some of the locomotives do not have a driver. i noticed that some of the jr locomotives do not have them. the rr mods ac 4400 also have their own drivers that you have to add during the session running. they are creepy looking and i don't use the animated on the driver list panel.
ejb

Back