Is Multiplayer Working?

Hexacosichoron

I'm brand new to Trainz and picked up the early access to Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019. I've played through all the tutorials and some of the Kickstarter County 2 sessions, and have enjoyed the gameplay so far. I was wondering though about the "04 Multiplayer Session." It seems I can set up and play my own Multiplayer session, but I can't find anywhere that lets me find other people's sessions to join. How do I go about joining a 2019 multiplayer session, assuming it's working to begin with?

Been here since the beginning of Trainz and never really understood how multiplayer works since it's introduction.

Had a go in TRS19 last week, but like you i was on my own. So i would also like to know how to join a working multiplayer session to find out how well it works.

Mike.

Hi All
To host a multiplayer session, simple select the session in Trainz and then click on 'Drive Session'. When the session loads, you will be asked for some info for your Multiplayer Session (game name, etc). By default the game name will be your username (ie 'brucem56's game' or similar).

For joining other's sessions, this is done in a similar way.

When there is someone hosting a session, it will appear in the same area as the multiplayer session itself, with the game name as the name shown. To join the session, simply select it in the list, and then click Join Session. If the session has a password, then you would need to obtain the password from the host and enter this when you click join session.

If there are no active games then there will be no games shown in the sessions list.

Regards

It seems by default my session "source" is set to "installed" so I doubt I'd see any joinable multiplayer sessions right away. The other source options are "All, Download Station, My Content, Built-in, Locally Modified, Premium Content, and Favourites." I'm not sure which of those someone else's multiplayer game should appear in. I would recommend some kind of multiplayer lobby. It would make finding games to join much more intuitive.

In any case, I'm willing to try it out with some of you

Also, we NEED to be able to save multiplayer sessions. I can't be hosting a new game every time I want to play undoing all the work that anyone who's joined me has done

Back