Video card SLI question

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hello,

I have an older gtx 780 video card (it was new when I bought it) . I'm able to run Trainz okay on it, but I have to turn down some of the settings to get rid of stutter. My cpu is 3.4ghz and I have 16 gigs memory. My question is does Trainz support an SLI setup, as it would be cheaper to buy a second gtx 780 than to buy one of the newer cards. Also would I be able to turn up my settings. On a side note I just ordered a monitor with a 144 hz refresh rate hoping that will smooth out the game a bit more as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jacob

There are many posts on these forums from SLI users who can attest to the fact that SLI does actually work in T:ANE (and some earlier Trainz builds), though it is not expressly supported.
One person, at least, reported considerable framerate improvements running twin GTX 1080Tis in SLI a few month back. !!
I once thought I'd go SLI for my GTX 1070 rig, but now I'm more interested in going down the single, fastest and most powerful GPU route instead, based on the evidence and performance results produced so far to date.

Back