Industries help please

GaryP

What's the trick to getting the industries to work?
I've tried a few things now and i can't get them to load or unload.

Screen shot link
http://prntscr.com/l6u86b

The station is set up correctly and the box car is full. This happens on a few freight stations I'm messing with. The train just slows to a crawl and passes the station w/o unloading anything.
Something as simple as pears. I tried the lumber that was on the flat car too at the last station on the same track and it refuses to unload or load anything.

What am I doing wrong? This used to work great in older versions, with little or no effort.

Last edited:
What's the trick to getting the industries to work?
I've tried a few things now and i can't get them to load or unload.

Screen shot link
http://prntscr.com/l6u86b

The station is set up correctly and the box car is full. This happens on a few freight stations I'm messing with. The train just slows to a crawl and passes the station w/o unloading anything.
Something as simple as pears. I tried the lumber that was on the flat car too at the last station on the same track and it refuses to unload or load anything.

What am I doing wrong? This used to work great in older versions, with little or no effort.

This is weird. The object will only Consume. In Driver Commands I used Call At and it brought up two track options Load and Unload.
I selected the Unload option. In TANE I tried a boxcar and a flatcar, Loaded. The train slows to 7 mph and drives right through.

You may have to contact the author and apprise him of the problem.

It is a nice looking little industry. In the short term, attach your tracks to one of the Multi Util New objects laid right over the Fruit Market's track. You won't see crates being added to the platform but you will get your cars unloaded (and loaded too).

This is weird. The object will only Consume. In Driver Commands I used Call At and it brought up two track options Load and Unload.
I selected the Unload option. In TANE I tried a boxcar and a flatcar, Loaded. The train slows to 7 mph and drives right through.

You may have to contact the author and apprise him of the problem.

It is a nice looking little industry. In the short term, attach your tracks to one of the Multi Util New objects laid right over the Fruit Market's track. You won't see crates being added to the platform but you will get your cars unloaded (and loaded too).

Yes, that's what I found too. I'm sure I got the settings right.

Here is my load. I thought I'd start with filling the train.

Here are the industries I tried to use. Note there are 3 of them with their settings.

What instructions are you giving to the train?
I've tried driving the train to the depot then tried using the Load command.
Tried telling it to navigate to the named industry then used the load command right after it. The train drives to the industry, then slows to 7 mph and drives right through.

This happens on 3 industries I tested, so I figured I was doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Looking at the config file and the asset the max number of each item is 4 or 5 and it starts with the max set. this means there is no space to unload so the train drives through.

Looking at the config file and the asset the max number of each item is 4 or 5 and it starts with the max set. this means there is no space to unload so the train drives through.

On which asset stagecoach? I'll try setting the starting amount to 0.

I set up 2 new industries, these are just track; BI2 DES Flatcar Products, takes the lumber fine, and BI2 Farm Supplies fills a 4BayCFlow Corn Products covered hopper just fine.

Oddly enough Lewis6665, Googling info on setting up industries shows very little info considering it's a HUGE addition to Trainz. I could never have anything like this on my model RR. I always had to pretend back in the 60's.
If I'm having issues I know peeps that are just starting up Trainz are going through the same thing. I used to make a lot of web tutorials. I may start making Youtube videos, once I get all this working.

So I guess this answers my other question too, as what industries work with what? Like when I left Trainz, we had just a few and I remember a chart where this would go to that. Now, you can pretty much set up your own scenario, where anything can go to anything.

Has anyone done a spreadsheet with the industries with which one produces what? That would be helpful. I'm sure it's listed in the config file.

Last edited:
You could also add <kuid:160293:10029> ExTrainz Manager-TANE SP2 to the session rules. This will help you see all the industries on your route and what they are producing or consuming and the cars used to transport the products.

Took a closer look the.
Fruit asset produces not consume as the train will load.
Thurmond the tracks are the wrong way around load unloads and unload loads.
VR goods is the same as multiple industry. Select the queue and enter an amount if it is for loading. Select track and select if you are loading, unloading or both. Select process for either consume rate and/or produce rate.

Back