Photo Offer

lrjanzen

I am retiring next summer. I love photography, trains, old factories and the industrial revolution. Living in New England is great for me. I also do a lot of motorcycle riding on the backroad around here. Since I will have some time on my hands... If someone needs a reference photo of a location let me know and I will see what I can do. It sort of gives me a reason to ride somewhere. Most of my rides are built around mill towns and such. Well to be really honest they are planned around a diner, burger joint, BBQ or clam shack but lets not quibble. I also have access to local historical societies. I am not asking any money for this. It just gives me something to do. Just let me know if you need anything and I will see what I can do.

For example below are a couple of images from last weekend in NH. This is Waterloo Station (not THAT one) It is an old station on the now defunct Concord and Claremont line. The bridge image was taken from the old right-of-way. The station is still there as is a very nice covered bridge. There used to be some sort of mill here also since there is a mill dam and remains of a concrete water race. Might make a nice little scene for someone. Sorry about the sky.

16hlzxl.jpg

2k0wuq.jpg

Thanks for the offer. My dad used to ride his motorcycle all over the country with my mom snuggled up behind him. He had a jacket with a map outline of the states on the back and he would fill in each state as he visited. He managed all of the states west of the Mississippi. He lived in Arkansas. He and my mom would stay in KOA campgrounds as they traveled. I hope your retired years are filled with joy and satisfaction.

Jacob

Nice pictures.

The C&C used to be a trolley/interurban line that interchanged with the B&M in Claremont NH. At one point it did run between its namesake town and city, but that's long gone, having been terminated sometime in the early 1970s if not before. The wires I think came down in the 1950s and the mills were handled by GE-44 tonners after that. Today the short line still exists and does switching in Claremont and in Lebanon, NH.

Back