While moving an asset the program disappears

boleyd

Program disappears while moving assets. It has happened at least three time in last few weeks. No pattern. It is so shocking it is difficult to remember what specifically I was doing. When I then load the same route (after disappearing act) I find that it has reverted to the same place each time and the same sections of track are missing. As best s I can remember I had renamed the three HO Basic Portals and clicked on a tree to move it from a portal. Program went away. Not much sense in making any more changes, or anything else. Unfortunately this problem could go on for a long time since it is not widespread and not easily tied to an action by the user/customer.

I will run some tests to insure that TANE routes can always be imported into TR19 and then play from TANE. With no list of fixes from NV I will never know when it is safe to return to TR19. Days could go by and BOOM back several insertions. Oh well, I was so looking forward to planting massive fields of wheat in Nebraska with the new deluxe super parallax flora maker.

Disappearing as in a CTD?

There's a possibility that something is corrupted with the route that's causing that, or it could be a bug.

Are you using Revert to original or Save as?

I would try revert and go back to the previous version in case something is trashed.

I recommend doing a DBR just in case the crashes have caused other issues. It maybe that now that the route has crashed something got messed up somewhere. Once that's completed, create a single blank baseboard route and import your current route into it. This will fix any world origin issues and seems to reset things. I found this to fix a lot of route weirdness over the years.

At any rate, report this as a bug because you should be getting CTDs.

Back