Signals not holding their settings in TS19

Ah, guess others are also experience the dreaded false red signals. If you select the red signal it will take you to another signal somewhere that may or may not be faulty itself.

BUT, do you want graphics people digging into AI for trains?

Will another redesign/new features bring in a few more dollars? Probably.
Perhaps another new product that features the most challenging railroads in the world. Hmmm, may be a winner.

No increase in revenue to offset the expense makes better AI an unlikely development.

There's a stuck thread issue where the AI will stop driving after sometime as well as the signals remaining red even though hovering over the signal shows no train approaching, or some other condition such as a direction marker facing the wrong way. Pressing pause and resuming "resets" the system, and the AI carry on, however, as you know there are some implications in this.

Bit of a bump but I have just encountered this trying to test my model project. Train under AI control starts to depart the terminus but signal at the platform end stays red. I get the message on hovering over the signal about being unable to proceed past the red signal because of the direction marker facing the wrong way. Back into Surveyor and confirm the direction marker was actually facing the correct way. Deleted it anyway but on restarting the session the same error perpetuates.

Not sure where to go with this as I've built a route which is primarily to watch the AI going about its business, at the moment looks like a complete waste of time building anything in TRS19 that requires to be fully signalled. About the only thing I can think of is to refresh the signal links.

The wrong-facing TDM message will erroneously come up when the actual problem is a junction switch that was left on a track when I rearranged some trackwork. These really confuse the heck out of the AI.

To find it, I go into the Track-Trackside tab and slowly scan the track looking for a double red switch.

On the other hand, it may well be a T19 issue. I've gone back to T:ANE and will probably stay there for at least a year.

I will look for an erroneous lever but don't think there is one. It is quite a complex station throat so in the meantime I placed a couple of Invisible signals before each set of points and that seemed to clear things up so the train got through the affected section. However it crawled at about 4 MPH and it is hardly a very prototypical solution. The train/AI and signalling system should be looking to call the whole route to the next main aspect signal not getting confused because there are a few sets of points to negotiate in between!

Wonder whether an interlocking tower at this particular location would help or hinder the process?

I use EIT on a 9 platform terminus station with 2 tracks on the inward route and 2 on the outward route. All tracks are accessed to and from the platforms. Platform 1 and 2 also carry out steam engine changes and shunting and the EIT copes well. It allows a clear run to an exit signal and allows other trains to cross over tracks as soon as it is clear. I have had four trains moving in and out at one time.

I like EIT very much, I have been able to run single track with passing sidings and have a occasional train pass a slower one. I would like to know how stagecoach configured his session to service 9 tracks. I also use Mission code manager with much success.

EIT seems to have sorted it. Just need to figure out how to suppress the pop up message for AI trains asking for route selection, as the driver has his instructions already.

Just need to figure out how to suppress the pop up message for AI trains asking for route selection, as the driver has his instructions already.

There was a thread or a post on that recently (unable to locate it) but I seem to recall that the solution is to delete the "Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI" rule from the session editor.

I like EIT very much, I have been able to run single track with passing sidings and have a occasional train pass a slower one. I would like to know how stagecoach configured his session to service 9 tracks. I also use Mission code manager with much success.

You have to select a signal on the approach track 1 and set up paths to every platform and then repeat for track 2. Next you have to do the same for each platform to each exit track. Where tacks cross you need to use an exclusive set that each path that crosses it has to use. These sets can only be used by one path at a time. The 9 platforms with some sidings has a total of 45 paths to operate it.

There was a thread or a post on that recently (unable to locate it) but I seem to recall that the solution is to delete the "Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI" rule from the session editor.

Thanks I will give that a go.

I usually just do main line running, there should also be an option for route or speed signaling. Where I'm from, I'm used to route signaling. Have a check box where you can have an option for route or speed signaling. Around the Milwaukee area Red-Yellow is diverging approach, Red-Green is diverging clear. Also fix the original smart signal searchlights and color lights. Have a P,G,R,C and D plate, have horizontal and vertical number plates and have an option for black on white number plates or black on white number plates, swiveling signal heads, also have an out of service option. For the color lights have a 3 over a 2 light distant signal that's permissive that precedes a siding or crossover. Have it where you have a Green, Yellow and Red on the top signal, and an option for a yellow-red, green-red or lunar-red signal on the bottom. Also have a PTC tower.

Thanks I will give that a go.
There is a case where the EIT system will cause a false red in diverging signals with dual heads. This occurs for dual head signals where the aspect is set by the tower - mostly path entry signals. If the junction after the signal is set OPPOSITE the assigned aspect for the path entry signal, then the signal aspect will display red, but the path will still permit the train to proceed. EXAMPLE: Path entry signal is assigned "Proceed Right", or simply "Proceed" if it is a signal for a left diverge, but the junction is set for left diversion in the path. The path will work, but the entry signal will display a red aspect., and the train will simply pass the red signal.

Last edited:
My signals use RRsignals scripts, which have been broken since TANE SP3. I contacted him and was told he wasn't very active in trainz anymore but he attempted to fix the script to no avail. I have a few large routes I abandoned because they were dependent on my N&W signals and his script. I only made the meshes for my signals so I can't help with the script errors. Has anyone found a solution? I am still seeing screenshots where folks are using my safetran vader signals (which are also broken) but am guessing they are still using TANE SP2?

My signals use RRsignals scripts, which have been broken since TANE SP3. I contacted him and was told he wasn't very active in trainz anymore but he attempted to fix the script to no avail. I have a few large routes I abandoned because they were dependent on my N&W signals and his script. I only made the meshes for my signals so I can't help with the script errors. Has anyone found a solution? I am still seeing screenshots where folks are using my safetran vader signals (which are also broken) but am guessing they are still using TANE SP2?

I use them as is without attempting to make any custom settings. They work fine for that. It's too bad Mr. RRsignal hasn't been around much.

I use them as is without attempting to make any custom settings. They work fine for that. It's too bad Mr. RRsignal hasn't been around much.

They seem to function in basic mode. Hope all is well with RRsignal, wish there were a solution.

Back