Objects render only when very close to them.... (newbie here)

1611mac

- - . -
Newbie here... I'm just going thru the learning sessions and I notice that things don't render until you are right up on them.... signs, signals, junction levers, etc.

See example below... only the junction lever for the closest turnout is rendered until train is closer to the other turnouts then they pop up.

Is this normal? Signals are same... What good is a signal if it doesn't render until you are right on it? (I'm running Mac version on lowest graphic settings.)

render.jpg

What hardware are you using?

There are settings you can change to take advantage of higher end hardware.

Thanks John

Hello... thanks for your reply. I just bumped my settings from lowest to medium, restarted, and things look same as above (only one junction lever showing). But even at the lowest settings shouldn't a junction lever render (even if poorly) when only one boxcar length away?

I'm on 2013 27" iMac, 3.2 GHz i5, 24 gb RAM, upgraded with SSD system drive.

Hello... thanks for your reply. I just bumped my settings from lowest to medium, restarted, and things look same as above (only one junction lever showing). But even at the lowest settings shouldn't a junction lever render (even if poorly) when only one boxcar length away?

I'm on 2013 27" iMac, 3.2 GHz i5, 24 gb RAM, upgraded with SSD system drive.

I don't know Mac hardware well but typically if you are running a RTX 2080 TI there will not be a problem, I suspect your Mac has a lower power GPU and its the GPU that is the interesting bit. You may have a GT 755 in which case you are well well below a GTX 1060 which would be considered mainstream for TS19.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

So yes it will run but only on the lower settings and it depends on the layout. Try Middleton for laptops and see how that one runs.

Cheerio John

I guess I need a tutorial as I just learned that I can click the back end of a train (consist) and "move" to that point... thus, the junction levers (switch throws) will then show.... however, there is still the issue with signals and signs... of course, the HUD can be used for this I guess.....

Things are actually running well on my iMac... it's just that the things mentioned render only when you are upon them....

Sorry, have mercy on this newbie... is "Middleton" an addon/free download?

I guess I need a tutorial as I just learned that I can click the back end of a train (consist) and "move" to that point... thus, the junction levers (switch throws) will then show.... however, there is still the issue with signals and signs... of course, the HUD can be used for this I guess.....

Things are actually running well on my iMac... it's just that the things mentioned render only when you are upon them....

Sorry, have mercy on this newbie... is "Middleton" an addon/free download?

It's free and on the DLS but you can pick most up here https://www.jatws.org/johnw/middleton.zip and you'll need a couple items from the DLS.

Cheerio John
I

Back