Maximize Not Working

lrjanzen

Not sure this is a bug or a feature. (OS: WIN10 Home [1709] HP Omen with 16mg Ram)
1. Start game
2. Click "Start Game" in launcher
3. Game starts in full screen.
4. Toggle out to another app like email.
5. go back to game it is now not maximized.
6. Maximize icon in top right is not enabled.

The only way to get back to maximized is to close the game and relaunch. This would not be such a big deal except the action menu items [Edit, Delete etc] are on the bottom and covered by the task bar. And Yes I know can hide the task bar to get at them, But I do not want to have to keep switching task bar modes between hide and show if I am using one app.

Yup That worked. I guess there must be a reason why the standard icons are not used, but as long as there is an answer...

Suggest try also the default Windows 10 alternative of [Windows Key + Up Arrow]
Alt + Enter is the in-game alternative in Trainz.

I was wondering.
I mostly live in the OS X ecosystem. Phil. That is what I thought also but on the WIN10 system I had to use PC_Ace's method.

Another recommendation is to run at full screen, but windowed. The disadvantage is you get the title bar at the top of the screen and the task bar intruding at the bottom of the screen, but the advantage is you can run other applications at the same time such as a browser, Google Earth, etc. without needing to ALT+Enter, or other key combinations to move between the applications.

To set this up:

Click on Settings on the Launcher;
In the General Tab, uncheck full screen checkbox.

Back