iMac user and new to Trainz... should I try Sim 2019 for my first Trainz experience?

1611mac

- - . -
iMac user - never rain any version of Trainz...

1.) Would a Silver membership starting out with Sim 2019 be smart to start with?

2.) How would it run on:

27" iMac Late 2013 (3.2 GHz i5)
24 gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 2014 MN

Thanks in advance for your help....

1.) Would a Silver membership starting out with Sim 2019 be smart to start with?

Silver membership doesn't include access to the game, only the content. That's intended for people who have already purchased the game, so may not be what you're looking for.

2.) How would it run on:

27" iMac Late 2013 (3.2 GHz i5)
24 gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

It'll run, but expect to have all your detail settings on 'low'. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro with fairly similar specs and, yes, I can play Trainz on this thing when the need arises. It's not my first choice of hardware, but it works.

All of that said, I also have a slightly newer iMac which fares poorly because of heat issues; I suspect that it might be full of dust or a similar post-manufacturing issue, but it's old enough that I'm not going to pay money for Apple to review the dodgy performance. If you're having problems with other 3D games, you may have problems with Trainz as well.

chris

Hi,

I would suggest that you wait for TS 2019 to be finished, before you buy it.

Many of us (as you can see from the header) have had many versions of Trainz, and are able to accomodate the possible changes/minor bugs that we find.
For a learning experience, I'd suggest T:ANE - or if you want just a taste, try the free download of TS 2009 (I think it's available for MAC)

http://ts2009.trainzportal.com/free/

Remember that it's about 10 years old, but it's quite good enough to get a taste of the program and its possibilities.

There is masses of free content on the "DLS" 0r "Download Station" - to download these, you will find that you need to register, and buy a "FCT" (First Class ticket) which gives you access to fast downloading (without a cap).

Once you have registered, use the same registration name for your Trainz life....

Hope you enjoy,

Colin

Thanks all.... I'm used to beta testing and the issues that go with it... I have gone ahead and purchased TS2019, knowing that it's not official.. Perhaps I run the 09 version first then jump to the new one...

Appreciate your advice very much.

Hi,

I would suggest that you wait for TS 2019 to be finished, before you buy it.

Many of us (as you can see from the header) have had many versions of Trainz, and are able to accomodate the possible changes/minor bugs that we find.
For a learning experience, I'd suggest T:ANE - or if you want just a taste, try the free download of TS 2009 (I think it's available for MAC)

http://ts2009.trainzportal.com/free/

Remember that it's about 10 years old, but it's quite good enough to get a taste of the program and its possibilities.

There is masses of free content on the "DLS" 0r "Download Station" - to download these, you will find that you need to register, and buy a "FCT" (First Class ticket) which gives you access to fast downloading (without a cap).

Once you have registered, use the same registration name for your Trainz life....

Hope you enjoy,

Colin

Unfortunately TRS2009 (as far as I'm aware) was a PC/Windows only version (the two Mac versions around that time were Trainz Simulator Mac and Trainz Simulator Mac 2) - hopefully that helps.

Shane

Back