TANE vs TRS19 Comparison Competition - VOTING CLOSED

What are the judging criteria in this competition? Ie what exactly are entrants supposed to be trying to achieve? Thanks.

Just letting you guys know that we haven't been inundated with entries [as yet], so your chances of winning $100 are currently going to be pretty good!

In case the instructions aren't clear, just visit: https://woobox.com/5yybqw and upload your 3 screenshots:
1. TANE
2. TRS19 (i.e. the same route imported into TRS19)
3. Another TRS19 with as many updates (or as few) as you like.

I know I will likely fail this,but anyways...

The good old City and Country USA in TANE without any modifications with the time set to 11:00...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Now City and Country USA in TRS2019 without any modifications...

Now City and Country USA in TRS2019 with new track,an old wood trestle replacing the old auran steel bridge,new textures,and new trees,and almost all of the fog gone which makes the lighting look pretty good to me...

Great stuff Railfan500ca, although you will need to submit your entries through the official entry link here for your entry to be voted upon.

Before uploading, can I suggest a few edits such as...

Remove those bushes on the left, and place a few of these builtin items:
<kuid2:523:1180:4> Plant BeavertailCactus 01
<kuid2:523:1069:3> Plant SaguaroCactus 01

Try some of the PBR ground textures such as PBR Mud 3 and PBR Sand 6 in the foreground.

Then try different textures in the gully and on the far hills, and add some of 4.6 rocks etc.

Add some ground clutter in the foreground - here is a selection of built-in assets to choose from: (link here for details on how to use the clutter tool).

2018-10-16_110654.png

Thanks for the suggestions:I have submitted my screenshots,but the TRS2019 one with the modifications is different then the first one,as in the screenshot here.

The cactus's have been replaced for new ones (There not in the screenshot though.),sagebrushes also have been replaced for new ones,and some texturing has been done on the hills (I could have done a better job probably.) and in the gully,where some rocks were also added,you can just see them behind the trestle and some in front of it.

I realize I am bumping this thread, and in all honesty I had hoped to see more comparisons to help me in my decision. What I am seeing of the graphics in 2019 really has me split. The well-done shots by mgsapper and others are extremely impressive, but in other threads featuring 2019 I see a LOT of foggy(?) or washed out looking scenes that look like, as one poster put it "The sun exploded". Also, some of the T:ANE screenshots posted by Claus are so darn photo-realistic I can't imagine beating them very easily. It just reminds me that I have an underpowered platform, and I don't know if I would gain anything with TS2019, as much as I am chomping at the bit to jump in with a gold membership. I love the new routes I am seeing coming out for 2019, and I am seeing more and more content being developed and uploaded for 2019, as well as routes being updated.

I guess if there is a point to my bumping this thread, it would be to urge the early adaptors out there to please take some time to do some comparison shots! If not for the money or the contest, for people like me who would love to see both versions put through their paces!

13 entries received, so that's about a 1 in 4 chance of winning $100. (I bet there's a few people reading this who wish they'd put together an entry now!)

VOTE HERE

Don't be shy. Share the link with your friends. Feel free to provide commentary here :)

Forester - In other threads featuring 2019 I see a LOT of foggy(?) or washed out looking scenes that look like, as one poster put it "The sun exploded".
>> We're still tweaking the environment settings and working out the best import settings for older routes. Of course you can edit the environment yourself. Here's a link to a detailed explanation of the tools:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools

Also check out this interactive tutorial

Also, some of the T:ANE screenshots posted by Claus are so darn photo-realistic I can't imagine beating them very easily.
>> Claus didn't enter...

It just reminds me that I have an underpowered platform, and I don't know if I would gain anything with TS2019, as much as I am chomping at the bit to jump in with a gold membership.
>>

This article provides information on the various settings we suggest for various hardware configurations:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Performance_Configurator

http://www.trainzportal.com/blog/view/trs2019-hardware-requirements

Last edited:
Thanks Tony. I know I'm about ready to jump. Does a Gold membership still get one on the early adaptors list? I was confused on the voting, but appreciated the comparisons.

With a little under 24 hours to go, the Top 4 screenshots are ranked as follows:

If you have not voted, now would be a great time to do so...

VOTE HERE (corrected)

Last edited:
So many Screenshots show very old content.
Many used asses doesn't looks good in TANE and also doesn't looks good in Trs19.
It is so Sad.
I wish I has enough time to upload some Screenshots too...

But some of them are very good.

Voting is now closed and it was VERY close. There was 0.1 between 1st and 4th and just 0.01 difference between 3rd and 4th place! Results will be published in the weekly newsletter.

Last edited:
Back