New In-game Help "Ask a question" now available.

I currently have build 96000. Am I supposed to update to this new version? I'm a Gold Class member.

Thank you

Dave Snow

Hi Dave. The choice is yours. While this is technically a "beta update", it is available to everyone with TRS19 Early Access. The "official" update for Early Access users will probably be next week (depending on whether any showstopper issues are discovered during the week).

Thanks for the heads up notice on the ?. I'd probably never known without it. We (maybe just I) get in a rut and only you old familiar things sometimes. There have been enough changes for TRS2019 i should no better. More changes to the UI from TANE, than any prior moves between earlier versions. All to the good!

One of the updates in this version (97271) is a new in-game help Q&A feature.

You can acccess the in-game question submission form by clicking on the ? then choosing the "Ask a question" option.

You can access the forum to post your answers here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?100-In-Game-Help-Requests

Your feedback on this new system would be appreciated.

Hello Tony, sir --

This is a cool feature -- it safe time, and it allows easy asset to the forum in seconds!

Ish

Just had a look in the relevant forum section in the Rules thread - the only potential problem I see is the fact that images aren't supported. That may make it more difficult to assist someone who has posted a question using the feature if it's a case of finding an obscure setting or similar (a picture is equivalent to a thousand words).

Shane

Does anyone have any questions or feedback about this feature? Judging by the lack of in-game requests submitted (i.e. 0) perhaps no-one needs help?
Or perhaps this group of users already understand the power of forums for advice and don't need to use the in-game method for getting help?

Does anyone have any questions or feedback about this feature? Judging by the lack of in-game requests submitted (i.e. 0) perhaps no-one needs help?
Or perhaps this group of users already understand the power of forums for advice and don't need to use the in-game method for getting help?

Hello Tony, sir --

I think the lack of use for this feature have to do that TR2019 is new, and folks right-now on focusing more with the bugs, etc., and sending those reports to you guys! And also, speculating here, I think there are a good hand full of folks wafting for, at least, for most of the bugs and fixes to sort out before purchasing like myself!

I do hope it's kept, because the trainz community is sometime slow in catching up to the current state of trainz things!

Just my 2 cents -- Take care, sir
Ish

Back