Screenshot of The Week: October 11 to October 18 2018 (No Theme)

2018-03-29-224414.jpg

Inkerman, October 1918

A hundred years ago, during October 1918, a colliery saddle tank 0-6-0ST waits in the exchange sidings to receive a rake of empty 20 Ton hopper wagons for Inkerman Colliery. The coal mine is situated to the north-west of the town of Tow Law in County Durham, North East England and stands a thousand feet above sea level.

The line from Crook to Blackhill via Tow Law ran through wild upland country and was built by the Stockton & Darlington Railway company, marking the north-western limits of their territory. On the left, the double track line climbs from Tow Law to Inkerman Signal box, where the junction with the colliery exchange sidings was located, along with the point at which the S&DR line towards Blackhill became single track. During the winter snowfall regularly disrupted traffic across this exposed high section of line.

Engine number 18 broke down at the port and is holding up the intermodal processing. Luckily a maintenance crew was there to look at it.

Breakdown-at-the-port.jpg

Last edited:
Rollins Pass Winter 1910 - Early Morning Steam

Taken on the "Rollins Pass Winter 1910" route in TRS19. This early attempt of mine at doing it justice is completely inadequate. The reality is nothing short of breathtaking.

For TANE or TRS19, you can download the route, sessions and dependencies at

Rollins Pass Winter 1910​

Though "Rollins Pass Winter 1910" is nominally a TANE only version (they are apparently still working on a TRS19 version to somehow make it even better!), I had no installation errors in TRS19 and it seemed to me that it worked flawlessly.

It did take a long time to install it all and add their dependencies, but, trust me, it is worth the wait and the work.

Peter.
2018-10-15%20022051.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 17 entries so please vote for 2. Voting ends October 25; please post your votes below.

Back