How do you create a route that looks like a model railroad?

GaryP

Hey all.
Long time user, coming back for another look. Real world stinks.

I've been looking in the DLC's and I see some routes that really look like they are on a platform, like you would build in your basement.
I'm using TAIN, and I'd like to make one but how?

I mean the setup. I know what to do (laying track, etc.) once the platform is there.

Hello to all my old buddies if you're still here...

search the DLS for M120 in routes, it was a standard that was made awhile ago, few templates that you can merge together and also some routes already made using said templates, I have even made a few

Gary --

Two easy steps:

1. Watch this video:

2. Download and take to pieces one of my later layouts - search the Download Station with "philskene" as the author.

I suggest the second step because my later layouts use terra-forming rather than dig holes.

Phil

Philskene!!!! Hello old friend. A name I remember. :)
I hope you are still in good health.

Nice to hear from my old friends that are still around. :)

Philskene!!!! Hello old friend. A name I remember. :)
I hope you are still in good health.

Nice to hear from my old friends that are still around. :)

Hi Gary. Don't know if you remember me but I was here from day one till 2006. Then I went AWOL for may years and just returned recently. Many old friends have either moved on or passed. Myself, I'm dealing with serious health issues and waiting for a transplant.
hope to have that before I'm gone. That said building model railroad's is a gas and I highly recommend it. I downloaded a few layouts from the master (Phil) and mostly taught myself. Good luck and happy trainzing.

Hi Gary. Don't know if you remember me but I was here from day one till 2006. Then I went AWOL for may years and just returned recently. Many old friends have either moved on or passed. Myself, I'm dealing with serious health issues and waiting for a transplant.
hope to have that before I'm gone. That said building model railroad's is a gas and I highly recommend it. I downloaded a few layouts from the master (Phil) and mostly taught myself. Good luck and happy trainzing.

YES, Of course I remember you. Sorry to hear you're hurting. I went AWOL for a bit too. I'm slowly getting back in. :)

Welcome back Gary!

You might want to take a look at Basemapz. This was created by fellow Trainzer Mike Jenkins (ModelerMJ).

http://www.dhobh.net/trainz/

To use the program you simply scan in some route top-view images from your favorite model railroad magazines and books and then open the images in the Basemapz. The program will create a route with a bunch of base maps on it ready for track laying.

Back