Correct Placement for turnouts

stouthm

Get over it
I'm using Turnout Frogs Left and Right, kuid2:45324:26001:2 and 26002:2 and I'm not sure of their placement on the tracks. Would a member in the know please explain or show the proper placement for these items. Thank you.

Would a member in the know please explain or show the proper placement for these items.
If you select the assets in Content Manager, right-click and choose to view dependants, then you will find the routes where they are used. If you look in those routes you will see how they are placed.
y4mcSIxlfSTvVfXtnBj7O73DlLy2C8U7rTShw9j0uNrYLh0BNk3h8XBEEziWh-yLCYZz6zhhD_7z9KfEq-jzeCEBe6K_WHOF80cl9ouOFq37ZDLLkUIjx39jRgMoSwvEXur32sRumD9NH0RRTipSvHnCQsz-BAWm5mE3jGO9F76E64GBqY_6Z7U5yqkhucvV57-ifqSKm3-Iw6JhpOw_tubNw

Be sure you are facing the switch when you are placing them. Left goes on the left, right on the right, natch!

Thanks Dave. I think I was facing the wrong direction. I'll have to go back and check it out. As an after thought, looking at the two pictures in this thread they appear to be two different examples. Right or wrong?

I'm glad you got that sorted out. I downloaded a rather long route where they were all reversed and I spent hours walking the line fixing the frogs.

As they jump around when placing them, and sliding them, and oftentimes they are a tad off register, you sometimes need to add extra spline points, or slide the track spline point backwards or forwards just a tad until they look perfect

As they jump around when placing them, and sliding them, and oftentimes they are a tad off register, you sometimes need to add extra spline points, or slide the track spline point backwards or forwards just a tad until they look perfect

Yep and sometimes they are flipped, i.e. the long side is on the wrong side, so you have to use the little arrow tool to flip them.

As to the two screenshots looking different, pop pop, mine is the way I was told to do it a long time ago.

You would be better off to do as I suggested - find where they are used in existing routes and follow that example.

So you're saying that they are correctly placed in all other existing routes?? I doubt that. For instance, in the Mojave Route, they are placed too far back from the switches.

But whatever, I'm not going to get involved in an argument. I'm not saying anything else.

BTW here is a tutorial: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?100400-How-To-Making-Realistic-Turnouts-Tutorial

Last edited:
Wow, who would have thought that a simple question could cause some turmoil. Dave, I checked out that tutorial and noticed that Dermmy made a few suggestions. Always liked his routes and he seemed to know what he was doing so I'm sticking with your suggestion.

Back