Reflections

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Simulated Reflections don't work in TRS2019 like they do in T:ANE. The wheel flanges previously had a "shiny" appearance, now they are green. All other reflection simulations fail to work, too, such as window simulated reflections, and Loco mirror simulated reflections.

Dave

If that's how TRS19 treats m.reflect, that's pretty bad even for a Beta release version of the game. Think of the thousands of legacy assets using that material. N3V must fix that before final release, surely.

Hi Dave
Could you possibly provide the kuid numbers of two or three assets that show this issue, so that we can test them locally.

Regards

Dave --

When I read you post and saw your screen shot I thought I was fortunate that I haven't encountered your green wheel issue.

But now -- well, I've just purchased and installed the K&L B&O 2-8-0. I have green wheels on the leading truck and drivers of the locomotive. The tender trucks, though, are OK.

Phil

Edit --
Just installed the same locomotive in T:ANE. No green wheels.

Last edited:

If that's how TRS19 treats m.reflect, that's pretty bad even for a Beta release version of the game. Think of the thousands of legacy assets using that material. N3V must fix that before final release, surely.

This is one of my locos with a similar problem. This is in TRS19 and it looks the same in the beta version:

GWR%2054xx%20class%20in%20TRS19_zps5r9w3cd7.jpg

And how it looks in TANE SP3:

GWR5400%20in%20TANE%20SP3_zpsnqyzvl04.jpg

Overall the loco looks much better in TRS19 except for the unwanted green bits. Maybe its verdigris. :hehe:

Dave

You can look forward to that in the Next TS20 version (that you will also buy) :hehe: and the lame tracksounds will still be unimproved since TRS2004

Last edited:
Not just m.reflect, m.gloss is screwed as well and specular settings now do nothing. Not to mention shiny embankments and roads........

Hello Everyone,

Wow, it seems that N3V's certainly have their hand full -- Good Luck to them, and hopefully future SP's can sort it all out! :)

Kind Regards
Ish

Hi Dave
Could you possibly provide the kuid numbers of two or three assets that show this issue, so that we can test them locally.

Regards

101046:102329:2 Outside simulated mirrors and interior simulated mirrors
101046:104631 (same description as above)
101046:106310 Simulated reflections on windows
101046:101646:1 Bogies wheel simulated reflections

I hope I got these right. I just got up!

We have to keep in mind that this is why this is still a test version. Our job is to point out the bugs like this to fix before the final release.

I noticed too that the shiny textures also appear on loads as well such as coal. This makes the loads and embankments appear as printed cardboard stock with a gloss finish on it. I half expect to lift up the embankment and see "Printed in China" on the back.

I half expect to lift up the embankment and see "Printed in China" on the back.

LOL,:hehe:

Well I also have the reflection issues as in the reflective part being green to,I have only encountered it on the Trainzone heisler so far,but on the TBS light mikado and on the Trainz forge climax,they are way to shiny on some sections as in the screenshot,you can also see the issues with the Trainzone heisler.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

So far I don't think at the state TRS2019 is in now that it will have great success,right now it's making TANE look much better in terms of lighting,and older content looking right.

But at least there is barely any precaching,which means I can place things like Lilb's 40ft boxcars quickly...:p

I'd sit on it for the moment Phil and await for N3V to fix the problem, if they don't, going to be a lot of unhappy campers, or you could find a repair gets broken again when it's fixed.

Hi All
I have entered a bug report in our system regarding this issue, so that our team can look into this further. Unfortunately I do not currently know what may specifically cause this.

Regards

I'd sit on it for the moment Phil and await for N3V to fix the problem, if they don't, going to be a lot of unhappy campers, or you could find a repair gets broken again when it's fixed.

I agree. Tbumpenv looked odd on my locos for TANE and looked as if someone had applied a clearcoat over the top. I never got around to looking at it. But in TRS19, tbumpenv, at least on my locos, looks great so I'm glad I left them alone.

While working with ElStoko a few weeks back, I noticed that his version of the Protrack sleepers/ties had a greenish tinge and flashing highlightes. I did report that as a bug and I think that the devs suggested a problem with specular.

Hi All
It appears that this may be an issue with the material configuration in these assets; and may have shown up due to a bug fix in TRS19. However we are currently looking into what specifically may be causing this, and if anyone has an example asset that they are able to provide the source files for, please either PM me with a link to download or, or contact the helpdesk (you can attach zip files to tickets from memory) so that I can forward it on to our team.

Regards

Hi Zec --

Thanks for your efforts.

Source files. I assume these are not the normal cpd files we download and install?

If you have good relations with Steve of K&L Trainz he might lend you the source files for this locomotive:

https://kltrainz.com/product/bo-e27-consolidation/

The lead pilot wheels and main drivers show green. The tender bogeys are OK.

Phil

I agree. Tbumpenv looked odd on my locos for TANE and looked as if someone had applied a clearcoat over the top. I never got around to looking at it. But in TRS19, tbumpenv, at least on my locos, looks great so I'm glad I left them alone.

While working with ElStoko a few weeks back, I noticed that his version of the Protrack sleepers/ties had a greenish tinge and flashing highlightes. I did report that as a bug and I think that the devs suggested a problem with specular.

I've tweaked settings on my affected models and effectively specular does nothing, m.reflect is either excessive as in shiny becomes glass or nothing, using env_metal is weird, you can substitute a plain colour or use the diffuse or even invert the colour and it still works but to excess again specular does nothing.
main issues I have are what was shiny, I did it via specular settings rather than using m.reflect now isn't in TRS19 and m.reflect is uncontrollable and my embankment and cutting splines are all shiny when they shouldn't be, even worse if they are normal mapped irrespective of what you do with alphas they become glass like with the light shining on them, all very odd. Not just my stuff affected, seems to be all embankments, many roads, station platforms. Thus I concluded better to wait as problems appear to be unfixable short of rebuilding hundreds maybe thousands of assets using pbr, which I and probably many creators can't do yet anyway. Pretty sure specular has been switched off!

Flashing highlights seems to be common to other protrack not just elstoko's.

Back