RR Crossings [solved]

I think I found the origin of the problem. I installed the last updates of PGuy's assets and I noticed then that nothing works. Exactly as with you.

The solution : make a 'rebuild database' (in ContentManager/Developper/Rebuild Data Base)

With my different routes, everything's back to normal.

Vincent

Last edited:
Good morning Vincent. :sleep: I checked and I have the most recent also. I deleted the obsolete versions and then did a DBR. There was no change. TRC did not preform.

As far as I can tell both you and Dave are on the Beta version while I am on the Early Access version b97556. This does not seem to be too important since both Dave and I do not have working TRC. If Dave does a DBR and that fixes his TRC then we will have something of a clue but right now it is a puzzle. I deleted all three of your TRC files and re-downloaded them, no help there either.

Well...let's wait for Davesnown to awake :hehe:

Vincent

Well this is confusing. I went ahead and switched to the Beta version b97923. Your test TRC route worked! My TRC test route did not work!?!

I have not dug into what is going on yet. :hehe:

Edit:
Hum, when I edited my first intersection to match your naming conventions on your test route. E.G. 7&1, 7&2 etc and moved the trigger much closer it did not solve the issue. When I deleted and reinstalled all the crossings on the first intersection and created an new session they did work! Other crossings on the route did not work. <sigh>

This does not bode well for importing routes that have existing TRC Crossings.

Edit2:
OK, changing the naming convention and creating a new session fixed all the intersections. Now to take a look at imported routes with TRC crossings.

Last edited:
Clearly, the problem is under the hood and should be the object of a bug report. But as you say, the phenomena is so confuse that it would not be easy to explain and even less reproducible.
To sum up, the very last version of the TRC trigger (.13) works well with the public version of Trainz.
Then, with the update of PGuy's assets, all went wrong. To fix the problem, it seems that we need to :
- update Trainz to its new beta version
- make a 'rebuild date base'
- and according to Dave, we need also to rename all the TRC triggers on a route as well as all the 'attached' objects.
I will send these conclusions to Pierre to collect his opinion on the subject.

Vincent

Last edited:
The Public Release version of TRS19 only has <kuid2:61392:4053:11> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later) and <kuid2:61392:4053:12> was not listed as available, when I switched to TRS19 Beta <kuid2:61392:4053:12> was installed. Probably part of the problem. The need to do a DBR and create a new session may relate to this also. Odd that <kuid2:61392:4053:12> is installed in my TANESP3 and there are no issues there.

I'm guessing that support for leading zeros is missing somewhere.

Last edited:
Pierre has just replied to my last message. He proposed some tests to identify the source of the problem.
I'm not at home tomorrow. I'll thus make these tests on wednesday.

Until then, stay well !

Vincent

I've been continuing testing and found that once I got <kuid2:61392:4053:12> into TRS19 and did a DBR I was able to import a TANESP3 route with TRC with numbers formatted with leading zeros and everything worked except for a some third party payware and freeware not on the DLS. These assets probably need the additional line added to their config.txt, I'll be working on that next.

I'm pretty sure that davesnow can fix his troubles by confirming that he has <kuid2:61392:4053:12> installed and doing a Data Base Rebuild. He will probably need to remove and re-place all the TRC assets before they will work.

Last edited:
lol and behold last night, right before I went to bed, I was working on my route and just took a look at the crossing in question, and everything showed up in the list!! I didn’t get a chance to test it but will later today.

:D Good to hear Dave!

@Vincent I added "custom-category-list "TRC"" to the config.txt of some of the crossings that are not responding but that did not solve the issue. These third party assets are from ReggiesTrainz. There are some freeware versions by up8328 here https://www.reggiestrainz.com/freeware-crossing-signals

I am guessing that these use an older version of your script. Could you take a look? Thanks.

Last edited:
. . .

I am troubled that I was forced to go to Beta since <kuid2:61392:4053:12> was not available on the DLS in TRS19 Early Access although it was available on the DLS in TANESP3.

. . .

Hi Normhart.

I don't understand at all what you are saying about Named Objects Library <kuid2:61392:4053:12> not available on the DLS in TRS19 Early Access. The DLS is unique for all versions of Trainz and an asset like Named Objects Library <kuid2:61392:4053:12> which has a trainz-build tag of 4.5 (which is the code for Tane SP2 and Later) is available for all Trainz versions at level 4.5 or 4.6 which covers Tane SP2, Tane SP3, TRS19 Early access either public or beta release.

And on October 23rd, after uploading this new release to DLS, I have as always deleted it in all my configurations and have re download it from DLS to be sure to have the same version as the DLS, and I was able to download it for all my four tests configuration (public Tane SP3, beta Tane SP3, public TRS19 Early Access, beta TRS19 Early Access).

Release 12 of Named Objects Library is the Named Objects Library update that has added searching for TRC objects by the library. This library at release 12 is mandatory for the new TRC trigger version by Vincent to work and is referenced as a dependency in the new TRC trigger object configuration. If you don't have release 12 installed on your public TRS19 Early Access, the new TRC cannot work and should display a missing dependency.

Even if release 12 is not listed on your DLS cmp listing : you can try to download it by first deleting all Named Objects Library assets intermediate version ( release 9 and 10 ) if they are installed to return to the builtin version installed which is release 8 and launch a download on it to update it. The DLS should download the last available release on DLS and it should download the release 12 even if it is not listed as available on DLS. In such case, it will appear as "third party" asset instead of download from DLS.

Hope this may help.

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

Sorry, I'm afraid I got confused between <kuid2:61392:4053:12> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later) and <kuid2:61392:8191:11> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later). It is fully likely that with the process Vincent suggested above that the TRC assets would have worked in the Early Access version. I probably did not need to switch to the Beta.

I blame old age for the confusion. :( (But then I blame old age for a lot of things.)

lol and behold last night, right before I went to bed, I was working on my route and just took a look at the crossing in question, and everything showed up in the list!! I didn’t get a chance to test it but will later today.

Tested today and everything working as intended. HOORAY!

Also used one of my own "Metal Grade Xing---" with the TRC Gates and they work great, too! With my "Metal Grade Xing's" you don't need a traffic stopper.

@Normhart
I had a look to the freeware ReggiesTrainz's cantilever. I'm afraid it won't work because it seems to me that the tag 'custom category list' isn't effective with object version's bellow 4.5. But I'm not sure on that point.

I still attempted to upgrade the cantilever to 4.5, but there are then some errors I can't repair (several materials of a same name sharing different textures or settings, additionnal attachment point on a level of detail,...)

I think you ought to join the author and ask him to fix the errors and upgrade his assets to 4.5 or 4.6

Vincent

What I did for the Reggie's Trainz and other TRC assets is added a number (for example, changed "2&6" to "2&62"), deleted one of the triggers, then undid the delete, and when I went into the trigger's properties, everything shows up okay...

At present there are bugs of two sorts :
- when you import in Trainz 2019 (all versions) a route made with TANE, the 'custom-category' TRC quality of TRC assets is not recognized by the game ; it is as if the concerned assets had lost the ad hoc tag in their config text ; to fix the problem, you have to rename all the involved objects, beginning by the TRC trigger, then the crossings, the scenery objects... ; by doing so, the game recognizes again the 'TRC' quality of the objects
- you created a route with Trainz 2019 public version and with TRC triggers of previous version (<kuid2:458053:100686:12>) ; now you upgrade your Trainz to a beta version and, simulteanously, you upgrade also the TRC trigger to its last version (<kuid2:458053:100686:13>) ; as a result, you will notice that the TRC triggers don't recognize their 'attached' objects ; to fix it, simply do a rebuild data base.

I think that only the fist ocurrence of these two cases should be the object of a possible bug report. I will consider it...

Vincent

Last edited:
Once I up-graded to beta patch 2019 98419 from the previous patch, the triggers will no longer recognize the scenery object crossings, the fixed crossings are recolonized as well as the crossing plates.

John

Back