RR Crossings [solved]

This update takes into account the new environment of Trainz 2019 : Asynchronous Route Streaming (which in fact was implemented since TANE SP2 but not with an obvious visibility).

Concerning the TRC system, I see three cases :
- with T:ANE, you keep the old version as the update doesn't provide any benefit in this version of the game
- with Trainz 2019 you may hold the old version as long as you run in 'maximize compatibility' mode
- if you choose the 'stream object' mode (which is planned to be the common mode in later versions), use the updated version

Vincent

Brilliant! Is there any way for me to still use your system in TS12 or no?

There is still an old version of the trigger and its library, available on the DLS :
<kuid:458053:101646> TS12:TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing
<kuid:458053:101647> TS12:TRC library
But without any guarantee. Trainz 2012 seems so distant now....

Vincent

There is still an old version of the trigger and its library, available on the DLS :
<kuid:458053:101646> TS12:TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing
<kuid:458053:101647> TS12:TRC library
But without any guarantee. Trainz 2012 seems so distant now....

Vincent

The TS12 Library isn't even compatible with TS12 anymore...and there are 2 KUIDs missing: <kuid:61392:8191> and <kuid2:61392:8191:1>

Last edited:
Will someone please show me how to set up the system for this crossing (see screenshot)? The top two tracks are "thru" lines, the top one, trains go thru right to left, the next one down, trains go thru left to right. The other tracks are used for manual switching operations, and some of the spurs are close to the xing. The "thru" tracks are also occasionally used for manual switching. Thank you in advance.

Will someone please show me how to set up the system for this crossing (see screenshot)? The top two tracks are "thru" lines, the top one, trains go thru right to left, the next one down, trains go thru left to right. The other tracks are used for manual switching operations, and some of the spurs are close to the xing. The "thru" tracks are also occasionally used for manual switching. Thank you in advance.

Can you do a screenshot in Surveyor so we can see the pieces that comprise this beauty. I'd love to see what makes it. If your using ATLS I may have some insight. The cops may need to find a new donut shop.

Can you do a screenshot in Surveyor so we can see the pieces that comprise this beauty. I'd love to see what makes it. If your using ATLS I may have some insight. The cops may need to find a new donut shop.

No I am using (or trying to) use the TRC System. But I cannot get it to work.

A screenshot in Surveyor will look the same...

By 'thru', I suppose you mean 'through' ?

If I clearly understand your problem, your case is a good candidate to the use of 'traffic stopper'. In the range of this type of objects, you have a model that contains six tracks : <kuid2:458053:101020:1> TRC Traffic Stopper 6 tracks.
Just follow this example :

Vincent

By 'thru', I suppose you mean 'through' ?

If I clearly understand your problem, your case is a good candidate to the use of 'traffic stopper'. In the range of this type of objects, you have a model that contains six tracks : <kuid2:458053:101020:1> TRC Traffic Stopper 6 tracks.
Just follow this example :

Vincent

Vincent, everything works (TRS2019, latest patch) EXCEPT the crossing arms do not show up in the "Attached Objects" list, and do not work. They are named correctly because I have checked four times. But the arms do not go down. The traffic stops just fine.

it sounds like a problem of updating. Check the version of the 'combo'. It must be : <kuid2:458053:101541:2> TRC US Co 2L scenery
And the TRC trigger : <kuid2:458053:100686:13> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing

Vincent

Last edited:
it sounds like a problem of updating. Check the version of the 'combo'. It must be : <kuid2:458053:101541:2> TRC US Co 2L scenery
And the TRC trigger : <kuid2:458053:100686:13> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing

Vincent

Those are the versions I am using.

Here is my testing and results in TRS19 97556

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Vincentrh assets
<kuid2:458053:100686:13> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing {0007&01} Trigger radius 200m
<kuid2:458053:100432:1> TRC US Co 1L 1T {0007&06} Recognized by trigger
<kuid2:458053:100442:3> TRC US Co 1L scenery {0007&08} Recognized by trigger

Third party assets
<kuid:13920:101007> TBS TRC 8in 4l Rotator Classic/Sign Only {0007&010 and 0007&11} Recognized by trigger
<kuid:839374:1228> TRC US WigWag Pedestal Striped Base S1 {0007&04 and 0007&05} Not recognized by trigger

TRC 3 Trigger dependencies
<kuid2:61392:4053:12> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later)
<kuid2:61392:8191:11> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)
<kuid2:458053:100979:4> TRC library

Locomotive approaching from trigger side - none of the crossing guards activated and road traffic did not stop.

Note all assets work in TANESP3

Last edited:
@davesnow:
I made a test with a mini-route and all work fine. Here is the CDP of this route if you want to compare with your own : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXRYIL4PqiQ31rkYyBo0Q5bm5zo

An illustration of what should a good configuration :

And the functioning :

Obviously, there is or there are differences between your route and mine. But where to look for ? Tne only solution I foresee, is that you build on your side your test route and that you send it to me.

@Normhat : your example is interesting in the way that it could be easely reproductible. Can you send me the CDP of this test - route ? (and also the CDP of assets that could be unavailable on the DLS?)

Vincent

I'll look into making a cdp Vincent. Note that I recreated a similar route in TANESP3 which worked fine. I also modified the TRS19 route to use the {0007&1} - {0007&7} numbering format (deleting the leading 0 in the second element) and it also did not work.

Note that the third party assets are payware from Reggie's Trainz https://www.reggiestrainz.com/ and The Backshops https://www.thebackshops.com/index.html. I'll redo the route using only DLS TRC assets before making a cdp.

EDIT: I downloaded your test route above and found that there were two missing assets

<kuid:458053:100904> by vincentrh (found and downloaded)
<kuid2:661281:44099:9> by Auran

Apparently the Auran asset is the tracks? Route loaded but only showed a derailed locomotive :hehe:

EDIT TOO: My TRS19 test route with payware removed. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D7fda5KuiklKPjCPz6LtVRvtapETuuwN

Last edited:
I used the same assets as your sample, Vincent, renamed everything, but the crossing lights and arms still won't show up in the list:

@Normhart : very strange things happen ! You should have the asset <kuid2:661281:44099:9>, as it is a built-in asset (TRS19 Trk Jarrah Procedural - Seasonal). And I run your test-route : all works fine.
@Normhart and Davesnow :
I just had a thought to something : the trigger TRC has three dependencies, which one is <kuid2:61392:4053:12> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later).
This latter has also a dependencie : <kuid2:61392:4050:53> Common data library V2 (SP2 and later).
Can you check that you own this version ?

Additionnal clarification : if you want to use a scenery object to react with a TRC trigger -as the example send by Normhart shows it- the configtext of this object must contain the following tag :
custom-category-list "TRC"
This tag had been introduced to create a specific category of scenery objects that an Asynchronous Search can easily find (in a 'stream objects' context).

Many, many thanks to you both for your persistance

Vincent

Edit : in France, it is now 10:30 pm. Have a good night !

Davesnow :
I just had a thought to something : the trigger TRC has three dependencies, which one is <kuid2:61392:4053:12> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later).
This latter has also a dependencie : <kuid2:61392:4050:53> Common data library V2 (SP2 and later).
Can you check that you own this version ?

Additionnal clarification : if you want to use a scenery object to react with a TRC trigger -as the example send by Normhart shows it- the configtext of this object must contain the following tag :
custom-category-list "TRC"
This tag had been introduced to create a specific category of scenery objects that an Asynchronous Search can easily find (in a 'stream objects' context).

I have all those items in the latest versions and the TAG is in the configtext.

"<kuid2:661281:44099:9>, as it is a built-in asset (TRS19 Trk Jarrah Procedural - Seasonal)" what I have is <kuid2:661281:44099:8> I checked Asset Versions and <kuid2:661281:44099:9> is not listed. Are you running the Beta Test Version of TRS19?

I also have <kuid2:61392:4050:53>

"Additional clarification : if you want to use a scenery object to react with a TRC trigger -as the example send by Normhart shows it- the configtext of this object must contain the following tag :custom-category-list "TRC"
This tag had been introduced to create a specific category of scenery objects that an Asynchronous Search can easily find (in a 'stream objects' context)."

Ah, thanks for that! It will enable me to fix the older payware TRC assets.

Still no clue as to why we are not seeing working assets though. :(

Sleep well, see you in the morning.

Last edited:
Back