RR Crossings [solved]

Once I up-graded to beta patch 2019 98419 from the previous patch, the triggers will no longer recognize the scenery object crossings, the fixed crossings are recolonized as well as the crossing plates.

John

Same here. I did an extended database repair but that didn't help.

I wish Clem (BNSF50) would have made a 6 track crossing. . . .

Same here. I did an extended database repair but that didn't help.

I wish Clem (BNSF50) would have made a 6 track crossing. . . .

Did the same thing, no help, except the EDR did fix the payware errors, it took all night, about 6 hours.

John

Well.... no need of a 'deep' rebuild data base. A normal one would have been enough in this case !

As I said in a previous post, there is at present a bug that is linked to the 'custom category class' tag I introduced in the last version of the TRC trigger. And its resolution is within the competence of N3V
In the meantime, there are two solutions I experimented :
- rebuild the data base
- rename the TRC objects on the route (for a same set, begin with the TRC trigger, than continue with the crossing(s), barrier(s),...)

This last solution works fine with routes built in a TANE environment and imported into Trainz 2019. I don't know if it works also with a route built with a precedent version of Trainz 2019.

If you would try from your part and tell me the result, I would be very interested by the result.

Vincent

Last edited:
For those who are interested by the topic, here is the bug report I've just sent :

Hello,
With the TRC system, <kuid2:458053:100686:13> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing lists all the scenery objects possibly 'attached' to it.
To do so, it uses a tool created by Pguy : <kuid2:61392:4053:12> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later). This tool regulary asynchronously searches for objects that contain into their config text a special tag : custom-category-list "TRC"

The bug : when you import a route built with a precedent version (i.e TANE to Trainz 2019, or Trainz old version to a more recent one), it is as if the concerned scenery objects forgot their 'custom category class', with the result that the TRC trigger doesn't recognize the scenery objects.
As a workaround, Pierre (Pguy) suggested to rename all the concerned objects (into a same set, we begin with the TRC trigger, and continue with the crossing(s), barrier(s),...).
This temporary solution works. But could you consider an in-depth repair which would be that the scenery assets don't 'lost' their tag when there is a change in version of game ?
Thank you
Vincent

Attached file : a test-route built with TANE and to be imported into Train 2019

Have you had any followup regarding this yet? I have some new crossings I've created for TS19 with the PBR materials and with the latest release version I cannot get them to link to the triggers no matter what I do. In the early access build I had they worked fine.

The above reported bug still exists : when you import a route created with TANE, you have to rename the scenery assets if you want to link them to a TRC trigger.

I have also recently upload a .14 version of the TRC trigger, in order to fix a problem with the display of the HTML tab (this bug appeared with the last version of Trainz 98592).

About you own creations, the only thing I can tell you is to check if the tag custom-category-list "TRC" is present into their config text. If it is the case, and if the dysfunction persists, send me a link to download one of them. I'll then be able to inspect it in detail.

Vincent

Sorry to dig up this old thread. But the TRC assets from ReggieTrainz no longer work in TRS2019 SP2? Has anybody had any luck with them? They dont show up on the triggers. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am not aware of Reggies'creations. And sorry for this creator, but I wonder about the interest of such a 'payware' content, since the same category of objects are available on my website for free ! (and they are working...as far as I know).

I think that the best thing to do is to ask your question directly to Reggies (see support page on his website).

Vincent

I am not aware of Reggies'creations. And sorry for this creator, but I wonder about the interest of such a 'payware' content, since the same category of objects are available on my website for free ! (and they are working...as far as I know).

I think that the best thing to do is to ask your question directly to Reggies (see support page on his website).

Vincent

I did email him hoping he responds. Just wondering if other people who might have his assets have any insight or experiences to maybe get them to work.

Back