RR Crossings [solved]

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
What Rail/Road Crossings are we supposed to use in TRS2019 if Clem's (BNSF50) don't work in TRS2019?

I use all of the above and they appear to be working fine.

For the ATLS crossings, I found I had to set them up in the driving session.

So far I have used TRC mainly . . . but did set "maximum compatibility" as the setting in the compatibility mode settings of TRS2019 . . . . . . mainly because some scripts were not behaving quite right . . . both in JR signals and TRC crossing gate components.
render2017

I use the TRC system by #458053, works fine, as do ATLS.

John

So far I have used TRC mainly . . . but did set "maximum compatibility" as the setting in the compatibility mode settings of TRS2019 . . . . . . mainly because some scripts were not behaving quite right . . . both in JR signals and TRC crossing gate components.
render2017

So what is TRC, and what do I search for on the DLS?

BTW, I did get Clem's crossings to work. Seems I did not have my track attached! Hahahaha!

Oh no, no, no. It is not very hard at all. It looks complex but all that other crap is stuff you really won't use. Approach Medium has a video on it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEgoJ04ZlvA

This actually uses a naming system instead of a controller and bla, bla, bla that the ATLS system uses. All you do is name the "Crossing Trigger" and the stuff will activate like this (#&#). The first number on the left is the channel number and the number after the "&" symbol is the individual nunber you give that asset. So it would look like (1&1) for the trigger for example and (1&2) for one of the gates. Basically the channel number stays the same to link stuff to that trigger and you increase the 2nd number so no 2 things have the same sub-number. You CAN have more than 1 trigger and you just have to use the same system to add one. One thing to note is it is good to have the trigger facing the crossing it activates. You also should put the trigger right next to the crossing's island because it has a 200 meter range on each side (that is why you might need more than 1), however, you can also make the trigger radius larger. It makes it easier to see with the glance what activates what. You also need to name the traffic stopper, etc. Basically anything that is going to be associated with that crossing's operation. The crossing will monitor your speed and activate the crossing at a safe and realistic distance. The benifit to the system is you can stop anywhere on the crossing or anywhere near it and it will always work fine. You can stop, start again, and even reverse direction on the crossing without it breaking.

Last edited:
Yes, I have also used the TRC system and it works with charm in T;ANE. How it works in TRS19, I don't know. To make my crossings a bit more personal, I gave them a name too. For example Bvi1&1, Bvi1&2, Bvi1&3... This makes it more easier to find them instead of cryptic 1&1, 1&2, 1&3.... The name is the abbreviation for the closest station or village where the crossing is situated. Bvi for example is Boldville. So if there is another crossing close to this station it could be Bvi2&1, Bvi2&2, Bvi2&3 and so on.

Yes, I have also used the TRC system and it works with charm in T;ANE. How it works in TRS19, I don't know. To make my crossings a bit more personal, I gave them a name too. For example Bvi1&1, Bvi1&2, Bvi1&3... This makes it more easier to find them instead of cryptic 1&1, 1&2, 1&3.... The name is the abbreviation for the closest station or village where the crossing is situated. Bvi for example is Boldville. So if there is another crossing close to this station it could be Bvi2&1, Bvi2&2, Bvi2&3 and so on.

That's a good idea.

Vincent has updated the TRC components to work with TRS19. Check his website for updates. He also mentioned here in the forums with a direct link to the updated files.

I confirm : the updated script of the TRC trigger takes now into account the 'Asynchronous Route Streaming' environment.

I also remind you that you can use any crossing provided it isn't already scripted. About scenery objects, it's a little bit more complicated. Feel free to adress me a PM to explore the options for adapting.

Vincent

I'm working on a new route in TANE. I'm using the TRC system, and it works fine. As the route progresses, from time to time, I import it into TRS19. I downloaded and installed the update, and it works like a charm. The bell is a little too loud, but I can live with that. After downloading all of the components, I played around with it for a while, and finally got it to work. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to install. I originally looked into the TRC system because I have a main line, with four crossings, that runs thru a town at a 15 degree angle. It has a little bit of a learning curve, but as I said, once you get the hang of it, it goes fast.

Joe

Happy that my 'little' system suits you.

Concerning the bell, you may try to adjust the sound level by adding the tag 'volume' into the soundscript container.

Vincent

I thank I found out why my crossings weren't working. Evidently the update threw a hold bunch of stuff in the mix that messed them up. Still got to go threw everyone and correct, pain in the a__.

If you want some help, you should begin by exposing in detail what is going wrong. Because, and 'evidently', there may be many causes of disfunctioning, starting with a misunderstanding of the system.

On my side, I am modest enough to accept any 'bug' I didn't detect.

Vincent

Wonderful work, Vincent. I have a question concerning compatibility: Will this update for TS2019 work with T:ANE, or should I keep it separate for TS2019?

Bill

This update takes into account the new environment of Trainz 2019 : Asynchronous Route Streaming (which in fact was implemented since TANE SP2 but not with an obvious visibility).

Concerning the TRC system, I see three cases :
- with T:ANE, you keep the old version as the update doesn't provide any benefit in this version of the game
- with Trainz 2019 you may hold the old version as long as you run in 'maximize compatibility' mode
- if you choose the 'stream object' mode (which is planned to be the common mode in later versions), use the updated version

Vincent

Back