Russell Subdivision - WIP

Alright people that's enough for me tonight. I'm gonna go grab some food, watch a movie, and go to sleep. I'll have the city finished by tomorrow afternoon or evening. So the route should be completed and released by no later than Tuesday night.

More shots of downtown Blesdoe.
UhVilQN.jpg
nHUE20P.jpg
6vmeDRr.jpg
3ka21WH.jpg

The city of Bledsoe is now done. All that's left is the small yard located just east of the town and then on to testing. Once that' finished the route will be released.

I just can't contain myself waiting ... the anticipation is absolutely slaying me ... does this route have any curves or grades ? I like the way the city buildings and houses are plopped down on a golf course greenspace, with no unsightly asphalt and concrete ... There must be an army of grass cutter landscapers mowing all that gwass' route wide

I just can't contain myself waiting ... the anticipation is absolutely slaying me ... does this route have any curves or grades ? I like the way the city buildings and houses are plopped down on a golf course greenspace, with no unsightly asphalt and concrete ... There must be an army of grass cutter landscapers mowing all that gwass' route wide

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not but the questions will get answered anyway. No there aren’t any grades or curved on this route. The next one I make will though.

The testing has been completed but there are a few minor things that need to be addressed with the grade crossings so I'll need to fix them and give my route a description before I release it.

You know casaderailroad, for a guy who hasn't released a single route that I have found, you are awful snide. I guess you belong to the "those who can't do, criticize" school.

Nice first effort ArmoredMonster keep on keepin' on!

Just making obvious observations on a routes cookie cutter plopping down of buildings right on bare grass, with miles long seemingly endless picket fences, in an endless "straight as an arrow" run on to infinity on the horizon, till trains fall off the edge of the world screenshots, that is obviously not quite finished enough for release ... And I did notice some signals were reversed, and were eclipsing (blocking the view) of an approaching signal, and some crossing gates seem to be non-working

Last edited:
Just making obvious observations on a routes cookie cutter plopping down of buildings right on bare grass, with miles long seemingly endless picket fences, in an endless "straight as an arrow" run on to infinity on the horizon, till trains fall off the edge of the world screenshots, that is obviously not quite finished enough for release ... And I did notice some signals were reversed, and were eclipsing (blocking the view) of an approaching signal, and some crossing gates seem to be non-working

The signals aren't blocking each other it's just the junctions were so close together as I was simulating tracks and junctions in a downtown area where space is a premium. As for the crossing gates I've already gone back and fixed those. Some of the ATLS triggers weren't active which cause the gates to close late. There was one gate that didn't activate at all which was due to the ATLS slave not being turned on. That problem was also fixed post-trial. It looks like the signals are blocked due to the zoom. Also, you have to remember, this is a free-for-all route that's totally fictional. Now there's some basic realistic features which I tried my best to implement. I haven't built a route and completed it in two years. This is just something I put together as quickly as possible so I can use my more modern content and not be stuck with using the same route after four years. I'm gonna have more released that are better looking than this one but I need to see more content released by the community that I'm looking for as certain things that I want aren't available and I'm very picky. Commissions aren't an option as they're expensive and subject to price changes and a waiting period so I'd rather hold out and focus on routes that I can build and there's content available that I want to use for the route or comparable assets as an alternative. If you want to contribute, then I'm more than happy to collaborate.

just something I put together as quickly as possible
Some of the great artists (Michelangelo, Da Vinci ... etc ...) refrained from: "just plopping something down on the DLS, that they just threw together, as quickly as possible" ... Some things take more time to perfect, and years of work, to WoW the audience

Last edited:
Some of the great artists (Michelangelo, Da Vinci ... etc ...) refrained from: "plopping something down on the DLS, that they just threw together, as quickly as possible" ... Some things take more time to perfect, and years of work, to WoW the audience

I've been in Trainz since 2005. When I built my first route, I didn't have any intersections, trees, hills, ballast, rudimentary crossings, and connecting two road splines as an intersection. While this was put together rather quickly compared to other routes that I've done, there's some realistic detail on it. Now I'm not here to blow anybody's socks off but to rather share some of my wild railroading imaginations while having fun and keeping the fundamentals of real life railroading in mind. So I'm sorry if it doesn't satisfy your taste. As mentioned before, you're more than welcome to join and chip in. More bodies involved can only improve the final product.

A straight line RR can never be improved upon ... no matter what you do to it ... It will always be just a simple straight line ... It will always be 1 hr 45 minutes of straight level track, passing underneath a locomotive windshield ... rather lackluster, no matter what is done to alter it ... Even the Australian "Great Long Straight" would be boring

And making use of payware dependencies on your route, will only insure that very few will even download or run your route

Last edited:
A straight line RR can never be improved upon ... no matter what you do to it ... It will always be just a simple straight line ... It will always be 1 hr 45 minutes of straight level track, passing underneath a locomotive windshield ... rather lackluster, no matter what is done to alter it ... Even the Australian "Great Long Straight" would be boring

And making use of payware dependencies on your route, will only insure that very few will even download or run your route

I'm talking about projects in general. Not this one in particular. You're taking what I say out of context. Not to mention look at all of the payware routes that being released and who's to say that no one will download the route with such dependencies? I've done some research and people are raving and loving the new TRC method. It's rather simple when a few basic steps are followed and you'll never have to worry about it breaking because a train stopped or switched directions over the trigger. Plus there's fewer assets used with the TRC system. Instead of having two or four triggers per track now you can use just one per direction and can even set the distance that the trigger is activates the crossing without having to add more triggers to achieve the exact same function. No more controllers, invisible tracks connecting the slave, crossing scenery items, traffic stopper assets, it's all controlled by the TRC trigger and simply synchronizing every together with a pair of numbers such as 1&1, 1&2, 1&3, 1&4 and so on. So this route will just be a straight line but there's more to it than what I showed since was just a testing to make sure everything was function properly. You'll see when put the route in action with some sessions.

Back