Script Error with 'Multi Ind' series of Content

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I'm getting a script error with all of the 'Multi Ind' series of industries. When I get to the 'Tracks' section of setting up these industries, and click on the plus button, I get this script error:
MultipleIndustryNew : File multipleindustrynew.gs, Line 1995, ER_Timeout
The product also does not appear in the window that opens when I click on the plus button. I'm using TANE SP3. Can anyone help me out?

Shane: Indeed if there are too many commodities, bad things happens. So, the million $ question is "How many is too many?". I don't recall N3V has ever issued an observation on this. Then, if you download a cargo car you like, it has many commodities attached to it, so you automatically get them, even if you don't ever use these. What I did was going into the config file of each "too many commodities car" and delete a bunch, but it means a very tedious job, as you have to identify KUID's numbers with names and all that. Even then, I still get the time out problem. Horrible situation..

How many commodities have you got installed? The timeout error suggest too many.

Shane

I've got 1,666 different commodities, 1,711 if you include the obsolete versions. The biggest number of commodities from one creator is davesnow, with 507. MSGSAPPER (166), llj (109) (126 with obsolete versions), come in at 2nd and 3rd place.

Last edited:
Okay, so I've reduced the amount of commodities to 1,395, 1,440 with the obsolete versions. Maybe I can find some more to remove.

Okay, so I've reduced the amount of commodities to 1,395, 1,440 with the obsolete versions. Maybe I can find some more to remove.

You should be able to delete the obsolete versions except for built-ins and the ones included with DLC.

Probably I am getting rusty on all this: In T:ANE, how do you filter commodities so I can count how many I have? Long ago, each asset had an icon depicting what kind it was (Of course in CM), but today, if I have to go each one by one. well, you know...

Probably I am getting rusty on all this: In T:ANE, how do you filter commodities so I can count how many I have? Long ago, each asset had an icon depicting what kind it was (Of course in CM), but today, if I have to go each one by one. well, you know...

In Content Manager:

Click on the right-pointing arrow next to Filter:
Where it says Installed, for example, change that to Category.
To the right of Category, change to to Commodity.

Easy enough Thank you, I should have know it. Now the real thing: I have 139 locally modified (assets that are installed by me or part of other assets I downloaded). And 435 Built-IN that came with T:ANE. Now, is that to much to cause the time out issue?

Easy enough Thank you, I should have know it. Now the real thing: I have 139 locally modified (assets that are installed by me or part of other assets I downloaded). And 435 Built-IN that came with T:ANE. Now, is that to much to cause the time out issue?

I wouldn't think so unless all of the commodities are used in the industries. This is no different than loading up a flatcar with trailers or farm equipment even though you have boxes of Wheaties and other commodities installed, your flatcar will only handle the farm equipment or trailers.

What you might need to do is look at the queues in the MIN assets. There maybe way too many assets listed and some might need to be reduced.

I wouldn't think so unless all of the commodities are used in the industries. This is no different than loading up a flatcar with trailers or farm equipment even though you have boxes of Wheaties and other commodities installed, your flatcar will only handle the farm equipment or trailers.

What you might need to do is look at the queues in the MIN assets. There maybe way too many assets listed and some might need to be reduced.

Last year, when I was getting annoyed by the whole thing, I cloned the route. And on the clone I erased all the queues, leaving the 34 industries naked. Nothing listed on tracks, commodities or any other tab. The pick list was still not showing when you click on a car. At the end I gave up. But from time to time someone writes about it, and turs ON my curiosity that there is a solution or a note
from somewhere...

Interesting: If a create a new route and populate one or two industries with a couple of commodities, it works as is intended. Would be very time consuming to start adding one by one until the thing acts. So, "thehellwithit".

Last year, when I was getting annoyed by the whole thing, I cloned the route. And on the clone I erased all the queues, leaving the 34 industries naked. Nothing listed on tracks, commodities or any other tab. The pick list was still not showing when you click on a car. At the end I gave up. But from time to time someone writes about it, and turs ON my curiosity that there is a solution or a note
from somewhere...

Interesting: If a create a new route and populate one or two industries with a couple of commodities, it works as is intended. Would be very time consuming to start adding one by one until the thing acts. So, "thehellwithit".

"thehellwithit" has affected me too. I hate setting up interactive industries myself and don't bother anymore. The only ones I use are coal mines, power plants, passenger stations, and occasionally logging-related industries.

If your input queues appear empty in a freight car, check that you don't have a faulty commodity. This has been an issue since they were introduced in TRS2004. For the longest time the biggest culprit was rusty re-bar, but I'm sure there are now others since that time.

It seems as though the restriction applies to the individual MIN, rather than to the number of commodities on board the Trainz installation. I haven't counted mine but I've probably got a typical large number on board due to downloads with rolling stock.

In setting up two MINs on my test route I had difficulty with several different MINs, with which I could pick no more than two commodities. I finally replaced them with the MIN Short. I've been able to set up four commodities each.

On my Fond Du Lac route there are a number of MINs, mostly with one or two commodities, but there are two Multi Ind str l=20m EN <kuid2:102376:63032:2> with four commodities each and one with three. These came over from 12 when I ported the route to T:ANE. I've experienced no issues with them. There is also an original Multiple Industry at the fuel distributor that takes three.

I found that when the MIN blows out and stops accepting further commodities, it's a goner - you have to replace it.

:B~)

This what I get when using <kuid:-25:1224>, built-in 4.5, all other versions of multi industry including JR's will give a script error when adding products on the Tracks Menu. Except for the JR Multi Ind, you can fix your other Assets by replacing the GS script file from <kuid:-25:1224> to your older assets, they should now work. These Multi Industry are obsolete <kuid:-25:1090>,<kuid:-25:655>,<kuid:-19:10152>,<kuid:-19:10165>

John

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

To summarize, let me get some facts straight:

We currently use 3 types of interactive industries (not counting passenger stations). There may be more, but I believe all are based on the 3 shown here:

Multiple Industry basic KUID -25:74 It has preset commodities, and you can't (or should not change that).
Multiple Industry New KUID:-25:1090 You can set a variety of parameters.
Multi Industry str=20 NEW KUID:2:102376:6303:2

The problem is on the last two as follows:

On -25:1090, you can set on the QUEUES tab commodities as 1, below 2, 3 and so on. I found that it accepts one commodity on each line. (You can add several, but can't put a value on it) So you set for example, General goods and give 20 units. You try to add another commodity next to it and it does not accept a value. So you add that other commodity on next line, and there you can put a value. But some time ago, I was able to add several commodities on one line and have different values! You can populate all the lines up to I think 8 with whatever you desire. Then you go to TRACKS tab and sure enough all these commodities are listed so you can decide if they will load or unload. I found that the other tabs are not really necessary for basic functioning.

Now you go to the remaining industry (with green arrows) and try to do the same, but here, you can have 4 commodities maximum. Exceed that and the industry becomes unusable and you have to delete it and start all over again bein careful not to exceed the 4 commodities.

Then no matter what you set up, when you open the box "Show Commodity Picker" all you get is a box that says "Building Available Product List" Please wait... And nothing happens. You get the black arrow when you pass the pointer over a rolling stock, but it does not allow you to select the red X to prevent the car to be Loaded/Unloaded not select anything because the list is not there.

In a nut shell that is what happens to me and no doubt to others. As per faulty commodities, I use very basic ones, available at DLS, and none of them show "Faulty". In fact on my experiment last year, I used only commodities used by the basic Multiple industry from Auran, and got the same results.(Gen goods, water, petrol, etc.).

Possibly all this happens because this route was started on 04 and transported to 09, 12 and now T:ANE? Should not be, but problems started when T:ANE, previous installs worked fine or as expected.

Last edited:
KUID:-25:1090, KUID -25:74, and KUID:2:102376:6303:2 has been obsoleted by <kuid:-25:1224>. See post #14

John

Can I ask if you typed -24 or -25 for the start of the KUID into the search llebrez? If you're using the web based version I'd also check that you've selected Asset KUID.

Shane

Back