Enhanced Interlocking Tower and object streaming compatibility

pguy

Trainz scripter
Hi;.

Just to inform TRS2019 early access users and beta testers that the new EIT version (release 54) and MCM version (release 53) available on DLS since yesterday should now be fully compatible with route objects streaming (objects streaming only not maximise performance, which will be the next step for some future version).

In case of any problems encountered, thanks in advance to send me by PM or email any available information (script errors, screenshots, ... ) to help fixing always possible remaining bug.

Both versions include also a few fixes for some remaining bugs in some specific situations. In particuliar, problems sometimes previously encountered when several trains following each other along the same path with short delay should now be fixed. Mission Code follow path activation failure have also been fixed.

These versions are also compatible with the new DriveToStation v2 and NavigateToStation v2 (SP2 and later) driver commands released also yesterday.

All driver commands should now support TRS2019 in place editing mode.

Hoping you will enjoy the new EIT and MCM version with TRS2019 objects streaming capabilities.

Regards.
Pierre.

The runtime monitor "Show mission code paths" has black text on a dark grey background (TRS19 build 96000).
In TANE build 94808 the text is readable (light grey on dark blue).

Peter

Last edited:
The runtime monitor "Show mission code paths" has black text on a dark grey background (TRS19 build 96000).
In TANE build 94808 the text is readable (light grey on dark blue).

Peter

Hi Peter.

Thanks for reporting the problem. Will be fixed in a new MCM version update that will come soon to DLS (probably next week).

Regards.
Pierre.

Great !
I've just tested this new version and now, trains can follow each other on a same track (provided there are ad hoc signals). It is a considerable improvement.

Merci Jean-Pierre

Vincent

Are these supposed to be backward compatible with TANE? (build 94916) I ask because yesterday when I updated them, the route I am working on had issues. In driver mode, i noticed a ITSetPathandWaitNotRed was waiting on something, so I tried to use the manager to see what, and there was no manager selection in the menu.

Exit to Surveyor, go to manager in Session rules, it says there are no towers. Weird, I have two, both with a dozen or so paths. Tried adding new towers, of various kuids, and it never saw any of them.

Since I exited out without saving any changes, i was able to delete the updates I had made, and now i am back to the older versions, and all is working again.

Last edited:
Hi David.

Yes, all the last updated assets are compatible with Tane SP3 build 94916. They have all been first developped, tested and debugged under Tane SP3 94916, then reinstalled, debugged and tested under TRS2019 build 96000, and then reinstalled back under Tane SP3 94916 for some ultimate tests before being uploaded to DLS.

From your problem description, it may come from some linking problem between modules after the update installation. Did you try a database rebuild after installation when you encountered the problems ? Normally, such linking problems, that may sometimes happen after some update installation, are solved by a database rebuild. If you still have some problems after a DBR, thanks for sending me a cdp with your route and session (with also any dependency not available on DLS) so that I can try to repro the problem and understand why it does not work on your route and session.

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi Pierre,
I too have been having a few issues in SP3 and when I've done a bit more diagnosing and work on my session, I'll let you take a look. One thing I found, which is repeatable, is that in Surveyor if I make any edits to the MissionCode Manager rule, I get the following error:

Interface : >>>TryProcessWaitingRequestsAtSignal>>> should have been called under a thread ...!!! (file interface.gs)

function $void@Interface::Exception(string), line -1
function $void@PathRequestQueue::TryProcessWaitingRequestsAtSignal(GameObjectID), line 578
function $void@HTMLMissionCodeManagerPropertyHandler::SetPropertyValue(string,PropertyValue), line 3451
function $void@PropertyObject::SetPropertyValue(string,string,int), line 589

For info, the session I am working on is for the excellent Dearnby & District route by neville_hill. If you want to download that (<kuid:304444:101902>), together with the 1960s session by lataxe (<kuid2:497137:101124:2>), you'll have 99% of the assets you'll need.

One other observation. When you released the updated package I saw that the Enhanced Interlocking Tower asset itself was not updated. That may well have been intentional (i.e. only the library needed to be updated) but just making sure something wasn't missed.

I'll package up my session and the remaining assets (consists) in due course - probably a week or two.

Regards,
John

Hi Pierre,
Firstly, thank you for all the great work you do for Trainz.

I am having a problem with IT Enhanced Manager Rule (SP2 and later) kuid 2:61392:8130:54 in TRS19 build 97271.
If I change the Tower path assignment option from the default "ai then external" to another option (say "external only"), it does not save the new option when exiting Surveyor.
When you reopen surveyor or drive session it has returned to the default option.

Also same in build 97420.

24/10/18 Same in Build 97513, kuid 2:61392:81307:57

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:
Hi David.
Did you try a database rebuild after installation when you encountered the problems ? Normally, such linking problems, that may sometimes happen after some update installation, are solved by a database rebuild.
Regards.
Pierre.

That did it!. I downloaded all the "out of date" assets, and did a simple db rebuild before opening the route/session. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks Pierre.

Hi Bob.

Just a precision as I have done nothing about your problem in last EIT/MCM/STT 17th Nov 2018 update … I have only reported the initial problem to N3V as being probably a bug in the streaming process, and it seems that the bug has now been fixed by N3V in last beta TRS2019 beta version 97923. Your thanks needs to be adressed to N3V for fixing this bug.

If you use the current public build 97556 of course you still have the bug, until next public update …

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi

Pierre advises to keep the number of track objects in a tower (signals and junctions) below 450. The number of paths will depend on how many objects each path contains. I have had up to 45 paths working in a single tower.

Regards

Brian

you were very kind, thanks for replying. Today I was adding routes to my tower, after saving and reopening that tower to see where I had arrived, a message like "property browser not handley" or something similar came out and I lost the bailouts. I had probably exceeded the number of items. use 2019 platinum. thanks and regards Roberto

Hello everyone,
someone can help me understand why every time I activate a path created by a interlocking tower, in the details it appears in red "activation process has failed tryling some recovery mode" ?
where am i wrong? and then when the train has passed the planned route, the route is not freed ...
thanks and sorry for the unclear language ...

If it is red an object has not been seen or the path has failed. Open the tower with the problem and select the path if available or make a new path. Click on each object (signal or junction) visible or not. A bad object will show a window saying it cant be found. Replace the object and redo the path.

Sorry I was unclear.
I was talking about the wording "details" when you open the monitor tower and go into the details of the path infos debug. unfortunately I can't even post a photo. thanks

Last edited:
Back