October Win10 1809 Update live.

Sooo, what about those that have updated like me?
Should we be concerned?

I don't have any documents or photos stored on the same drive as WIN10, all are on a second HD and/or an external HD. (A lesson I learned back in XP days)
TANE is on the same HD as Win 10 and my Local Data is in a seperate folder than TANE.

I've already updated prior to discovering those issues but haven't had any issues yet but if unsure check that anything hasn't gone missing document wise on the hard drive Windows is installed on (it only seems to be affecting some people).

Shane

MS are saying do not update if you have already downloaded the Install media, bit late as I've done 3 PC's using the MCT to create the ISO, however they all installed OK with no problems other than re-installing Graphics drivers and adjusting a few new settings.
Pretty sure the problems are with the Windows update install method. Probably looking at next week before the mess is sorted out.
Please everyone backup your operating system and data before allowing any upgrade.

Hearing that issue, I'm afraid to even update myself since I have no idea how to backup my Trainz stuff since I don't have a USB or anything like that.
You can always buy an external HDD of the same space of your computer and copy all the stuff there... although depending of the size, it will take a long time.

You can always buy an external HDD of the same space of your computer and copy all the stuff there... although depending of the size, it will take a long time.

Well thankfully the update was pulled for now, but someday I might get an external HDD for more space.

My pc updated yesterday evening.
This morning, I was able to log in, then nothing! Just a black screen with a mouse pointer...

The cure is not too difficult.
Apparently, MS Update likes installing the latest intel video drivers, then using the new "digital" display it has installed.
Bring up task manager (3 finger salute), then run the nVidia control panel (notice the mismatch with the driver?).
Change the multi monitors back to 1, then reboot...

Colin

Think that will have been the 1803 cumulative update, 1809 is still suspended. Currently being tested by Insiders to make sure there is no more deleting of files.

I've installed the Win10 October update 1809 more or less as soon as it was available, I haven't noticed any detrimental affects e.g. deleted files. I've also installed the latest cumulative updates, again with no apparent problems.

Rob.

I backed up virtually everything I could a few days ago when the foofarah hit the fan. Last night, MS updated Win10. It took a total of 3 minutes from telling me it was going to update, through reboot, and to the desktop again. I didn't lose a thing and I'm back in business.

Bill

Hi

I am not having any trouble widow 10 version 1809 build 17763.55 released on 9 October 2018 with any program except TANE (build 94916)

Now on opening TANE a database repair starts every time. Sometimes that completes other times the opening portal just closes - no error message.

If I can get TANE to start, during a session edit or when running a session, TANE will just close. That seems to happen after about 30 minutes. It occurs not just on one session but every one I have tried.

Any suggestions?

Terry

Feature Update has not been re-released yet, was pulled after 2 days. Only those who went looking for it in the first two days will have it. Feature Update is 1809 and is a full re-install of the OS which involves a 4GB download. and a 20 minute plus install.

Back