Question regarding changing sound files on JR trucks.

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
I'm not really sure the best way to word this but here's my best shot. I know how to change truck (Bogey) sounds by going into the bogey's config file and changing the bogey's sound source to something else IE like below.

track-sound
{
{
bogey <kuid:134601:100529>
track-sound <kuid:500749:376101>
priority 15
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "art_icon.jpg"
}
}

kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:500749:376101>
}
kuid <kuid:134601:100529>

in this case, I cloned the JR S-2 100 ton 263,000 lbs 6.5in × 12in 36in bogey and replaced its sound file with <kuid:500749:376101> (Bogeysound MD) by trainzdepot.

I tested this bogey out on a JR boxcar I cloned and reskined and it worked fantastic, so while reskining a bunch or rolling stock, I'd clone the bogey sets and give them all different sound sets (Again which all worked really well)
until I actually put a good 110 car freight train together to test how well the different sounds would mesh together, which is where I ran into my current issue. While the altered bogey sounds work just fine when I test a string of cars by itself that use that bogey and sound set, when I build up a train with everything I've changed, all of the custom bogey sounds seem to revert BACK to the standard jointed rail bogey sounds, which has really confused me. Why would these trucks revert back to old sounds even after I replaced the kuid's with those of completely different sounds? Am I missing something? I've included a few screen grabs as well.

The smaller CM tab shows the current sound set that the highlighted item depends on to work in the below pics. I've also noticed that this only happens so far with Jointed rail rolling stock.

Please pay no mind to the silly names the items have, I'm not very creative lol.

S12TDLq.png
[/IMG]

XlYjaNG.png
[/IMG]

:wave: Good morning and a blessed Sunday to you Sir,

Just tripped across your info here, I know some things about switching sounds, but was never clear on the different ways in Track/Bogey Sound......

Totally didn't think about Bogey Sounds and I remember seeing them now in their Config.txt files when I did some Asset Swaps on missing Bogey's............:eek:

Thanks for your example and the pictures etc here. This will help me a lot......;)

:wave: Good morning and a blessed Sunday to you Sir,

Just tripped across your info here, I know some things about switching sounds, but was never clear on the different ways in Track/Bogey Sound......

Totally didn't think about Bogey Sounds and I remember seeing them now in their Config.txt files when I did some Asset Swaps on missing Bogey's............:eek:

Thanks for your example and the pictures etc here. This will help me a lot......;)

It's pretty buggy though and with jointed rail rolling stock isn't working for some reason, the sounds just revert back to the default JR sounds which is what this post was about.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out, on non jointed rail rolling stock, they work just fine when I replace the sounds with something else, but with the JR stuff, it always reverts back to their default sounds and I'm not sure why or how to stop that from happening.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure this one out, I even added the "disable-extra-track-sounds 1" line into the config files of the rolling stock but that didn't seem to help either.

Back