unable to open .texture files

jaur1

Hi

I am trying to reskin some assets in TRs19, but when i try to open files albedo.texture with images2tga, i just get an ok message but a 0x0 blank image appears in this program-Any help about how to open these files would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Which asset are you trying to reskin? Some payware assets have locked or newer textures that cannot be processed using Images2TGA.

Shane

Exactly. The built-in content of TS12 SP1HF4, T:ANE, and TRS19 all has DRM "protecting" it, meaning Images2TGA and Mesh Viewer can't view files from Built-In and Payware content in those games.

Not exactly true in all cases for built in assets, but for pay-ware that is true.

John

albedo would be pbr in which case unless you are up to speed on the new pbr texturing I'd leave well alone.

Does Images2TGA actually work with the .texture files of TRS19 (build 4.6) assets that are not otherwise locked?

I have not seen any statements from PEV about this. I would expect PEV Mesh Viewer not to work with PBR materials yet, but can’t see why Images2TGA would not work, unless N3V have changed the internal code of the .texture files.

Does Images2TGA actually work with the .texture files of TRS19 (build 4.6) assets that are not otherwise locked?

I have not seen any statements from PEV about this. I would expect PEV Mesh Viewer not to work with PBR materials yet, but can’t see why Images2TGA would not work, unless N3V have changed the internal code of the .texture files.

They have been working for me. I have been cloning and trying to get my head around the PBR textures with my own textures, Images2TGA & Asset-X do function as advertised. Asset-X does not recognize .PNG files nor new PBR tags in the config file, and it does not like the compressed .tga files, other than those restrictions, both programs are good to go.

John

JohnnyC1 (or anyone) would you please provide some KUID numbers of assets with .texture files in TS12, T:ANE and/or TRS19 that Image2TGA has been able to open for review. I am also experiencing that Image2TGA will not open any .texture files. I have reinstalled Image2TGA several times and reinitialized to no avail.

Ensure you have the most recent version of Images2TGA, otherwise, it won't work.

This is version 1.31 dated 7 Feb 2016.

If you are using this version, then we're in trouble!

Keep in mind, however, that built-in and DLC can't be edited.

I'm having a similar problem with this asset that came with the Potteries Loop Line: Track End 2. What makes this frustrating is that PLL isn't currently bound to the same restrictions as other payware DLC files.

Or read this thread and try Images2TGA. You need to post the actual errors.
EDIT: Sorry, if you are using a Mac, I am not sure Images2TGA is an option. Maybe a MAC person can help.

Hi

I am trying to reskin some assets in TRs19, but when i try to open files albedo.texture with images2tga, i just get an ok message but a 0x0 blank image appears in this program-Any help about how to open these files would be very appreciated. Thank you.
I did that with classic cabon city but its the same

Back