How do you hide the compass rose

hotchillies

When in the Roaming camera mode, is there any way to hide the compass when you right-click the ground? I have seen videos where people appear to have it hidden. Also is there any way to move the camera about without right clicking but using arrows or WASD instead?

When I CTRL + arrows this rotates the camera, what I really want is to move the camera across the ground. I think maybe that it is not possible? I shall try to get used to the default controls, I am just not used to them.

When I CTRL + arrows this rotates the camera, what I really want is to move the camera across the ground. I think maybe that it is not possible? I shall try to get used to the default controls, I am just not used to them.

Try:
Launcher -> Start Trainz -> Menu -> Settings -> Interface Settings -> set 'Camera behavior' to Panning

You know that thing that came with your game called a Manual? If you look in the back of it there's all kinds of shortcut keys - like Alt+Y for the walk cam (which will do what you want), Alt+U for the fly cam, and lots more useful ones. :)

Thanks. I have tried the various options but they all feel a little cumbersome, the best option seems to leave everything alone as it is. I think I would really like Right Click to move to the spot under the mouse cursor spot, but Hold Right Mouse + Drag to then rotate the camera around that spot - a wish list item for another day!

Back