adding products to multi industry new

hello:

can I add products to multi industry new under the kuid table? I have about 25 products that I would like to put into my route. is I possible?

switchmen37

If you are talking about adding products to the list of items produced and/or consumed by the MIN, then you don't need to edit the config.txt kuid table.

In the properties window of the MIN is a section labelled "Queues". Open that section and click one of the large "+" icons. You should then see a long list of products that can be added to that particular queue, and you have 6 of these queues available in the MIN. I don't know if there is a limit to how many items can be added to a queue.

For each item you add you will need to configure its starting quantity.

You will also need to configure the "Tracks" (load/unload, queue used), the "Processes" (how much will be produced/consumed) and the "Products" (vehicles loaded) - the latter is often hidden off the right edge of the properties window.

Of course, different MINs in your route can handle different products.

You will have to configure rolling stock to carry your set products and this may not be as easy since the creators will usually preset the types of products their wagons will carry so you will probably have to search for suitable wagons - after all, you would not expect a flat car to carry liquid loads.

A bit of advice regarding adding products as well (particularly for T:ANE/TRS19) - if you add too many products it may decide to cause a timeout error.

Shane

I agree with Shane. I limit myself to just a few products (1, 2 or 3) per queue and usually only a single queue for Multiple Industry New.

You would never need to place a large number of products into a single MIN - how many industries in real life would load/unload a large number of different products?

By using multiple MINs around your layout, each configured to handle different products or product mixes, you can cover pretty well all your needs.

hello to all: I do not see where you members move this post at its not listed

here what I did under multi industry new, I clicked n the big black x click on brick clay click on load vehicle next tracks then click then I black check box down in the bottom right hand corner shows up I then manually type in brick clay still have black check box can not click on it. but the tracks should have loaded brick clay automatically and then I take it from there. its doing to almost all of my loads. but process is works fine and products works fine also. so what's wrong with tracks?

switchmen37

I am not sure that I am following all of that but I will assume from your description that you are typing in "brick clay" in the "Add Queue" data entry window for a Queue in a Multi Industry New asset properties window and "Brick Clay" is not one of the products that appears. That would be because "Brick Clay" is not installed as a commodity in your TANE installation.

There is a "Brick Clay" commodity available for downloading on the DLS. It is <kuid2:44988:80010:2> Brick Clay.

To get it,

• start Content Manager
  • set the Filter to Custom...
  • in the filter settings, set
    [*=2]Name to Brick Clay (type it in, upper/lower case does not matter)
    [*=2]Installed to False
    [*=2](you can ignore the Asset KUID setting)

Right mouse click on the "Brick Clay" entry and select Download

hello to all: I do not see where you members move this post at its not listed

here what I did under multi industry new, I clicked n the big black x click on brick clay click on load vehicle next tracks then click then I black check box down in the bottom right hand corner shows up I then manually type in brick clay still have black check box can not click on it. but the tracks should have loaded brick clay automatically and then I take it from there. its doing to almost all of my loads. but process is works fine and products works fine also. so what's wrong with tracks?

switchmen37
I never had a problem with MU's until yesterday. I placed an MU and added 4 products in the Queue screen. None showed up in the Tracks dropdown. I finally deleted the MU and used a different one, and everything worked OK.

Back