TRS 19 Wheather Settings

SpalterBockerl

hi,
l
i know the Wheather setting in Session option. But if im set stormy the rain set over Sun. No dark clouds!! You can see shadows from sunshine and rain is just overlay.

Do i something wrong or is other Option in TRS 19?

regards

spalterbockerl

The cloud issue has been mentioned and I believe it's still a work in progress or WIP as it's called. I agree with the great rain and thunder it would be nice to have the dark clouds and lightning too.

I would personally liked to see the weather completely revamped with more precipitation options like sleet, hail, and ice and as well as expanding the options beyond just "clear" and "stormy", maybe something similiar to what ARMA 3's editor where there are different sliders to control the intensity of ran, the frequency of lighting, and how cloudy the sky is.

Also I think fog should be revamped by adding an option to change the distance it starts to appear at alongside changing how heavy or light the fog is.

Last edited:
I would personally liked to see the weather completely revamped with more precipitation options like sleet, hail, and ice and as well as expanding the options beyond just "clear" and "stormy", maybe something similiar to what ARMA 3's editor where there are different sliders to control the intensity of ran, the frequency of lighting, and how cloudy the sky is.

<video snipped>

Also I think fog should be revamped by adding an option to change the distance it starts to appear at alongside changing how heavy or light the fog is.

The weather engine in Arma3 is quite impressive. I love the rain and the storms. When fighting in a rainstorm, it's as though you can feel the wetness and dampness in that virtual world with the downpours and pitter-patter of the rain coming down followed by the drizzle and clearing up over time. The lightning too and those fractal clouds really are amazing. I mentioned that in the Suggestion Boxcar forum in a topic on updating the underlying weather model in Trainz.

How did Bohemia Interactive do it? They used a plug-in created by Simul and is called trueSKY.

https://simul.co/truesky/

It's probably possible for N3V to do something like this and maybe in the future we will see it. I know it's been said that is this is a train simulator and not a weather simulator and we've got better, but we're still using a weather model that dates back to 2001 or so. Why not make it even with better by bringing this aspect up to date with everything else.

Back