Fall Harvest Nebraska

grazlash

Route Builder
I'm now downloading this route through the internal DLC system. Something else to test. :D Most of the others work really well, so hopefully this is no exception.
cheers
Graeme

It does function with very good track work. However, it is light on towns and their normal content. Since you can add to it, improvement to your taste is possible. Go to Google Map Street views for ideas on the local town and village content as well as the proper ground textures. Keep the brightness down. Not every day in Nebraska is perfect. When the clouds of real weather actually shade the underlying landscape it will help significantly.

One thing I have noticed is a large number of AI drivers getting stuck during the sessions.
cheers
Graeme

I just started running the steam excursion session. I'm not running beta on it, just the stock 96000 version.

At the beginning of the session, I was getting complete frame freezing, while sound continued as if the engine was still moving, and steam animation continued as well. This would last for 8 seconds, and then the game would run for about 16 seconds, and then freeze again for 8 seconds. This went on for about 2 minutes and then things straightened out.

Then, when I approached Maxwell, the game started to stutter very badly, frame freeze for about 2 seconds, then run for about 5 seconds, then freeze again for 2 seconds. This went on for about 3 minutes, almost to the point where I was going to just shut things down. Then the problem stopped, but it had been going on long enough for the game to run into a slower speed zone, and the engine was shutting down for excessive speeding. There was nothing I could do to slow down or control things because the game was stuttering so badly.

Now I was in Maxwell, and things smoothed out again...so far. I'm not done with the session yet.

I'm not sure what is causing all this. My frame rates have been running from 45 to 60, and even when the game was freezing and then starting up again, the frame rate indicator didn't drop.

This frame freezing problem never happened with this session in TANE, and that was on a slower and very much older computer than the one I have now.

Did anyone else see this sort of problem? I didn't notice anyone posting about it.

I also found that the hump track in the yard in both the TANE and TRS2019 Quick Drive sessions was disconnected and causing derailments. I didn't know if this was reported so I reported both as bugs.

Gary

I just started running the steam excursion session. I'm not running beta on it, just the stock 96000 version.

At the beginning of the session, I was getting complete frame freezing, while sound continued as if the engine was still moving, and steam animation continued as well. This would last for 8 seconds, and then the game would run for about 16 seconds, and then freeze again for 8 seconds. This went on for about 2 minutes and then things straightened out.

Then, when I approached Maxwell, the game started to stutter very badly, frame freeze for about 2 seconds, then run for about 5 seconds, then freeze again for 2 seconds. This went on for about 3 minutes, almost to the point where I was going to just shut things down. Then the problem stopped, but it had been going on long enough for the game to run into a slower speed zone, and the engine was shutting down for excessive speeding. There was nothing I could do to slow down or control things because the game was stuttering so badly.

Now I was in Maxwell, and things smoothed out again...so far. I'm not done with the session yet.

I'm not sure what is causing all this. My frame rates have been running from 45 to 60, and even when the game was freezing and then starting up again, the frame rate indicator didn't drop.

This frame freezing problem never happened with this session in TANE, and that was on a slower and very much older computer than the one I have now.

Did anyone else see this sort of problem? I didn't notice anyone posting about it.

I also found that the hump track in the yard in both the TANE and TRS2019 Quick Drive sessions was disconnected and causing derailments. I didn't know if this was reported so I reported both as bugs.

Gary
Gary, PM me your Email address and I will send you a new copy that will not cause your system to stutter. There was some sort of fault at the Maxwell end of the Route that was causing the problem.
Regards
Bob

Hi, I have found a very similar problem about the framerate and also strange AI behavour. In the first session at about 10 minuts i just found an AI train just in front of me, going to collapse. Also I found AI stuck and different places.

Back