TRS19 Suggestion: Changing the drivers to...

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS

7 Year Trainz Vet
The drivers are just plain creepy. I liked the photos much better because it didn't feel like the driver was staring into your very soul. Although I will admit some of the driver photos were super odd too. Another idea would just be to remove them all together and replace them with maybe the locomotive's name and running number list which would work in the same way. You could have the photo of the loco in place of the driver's and we wouldn't have to deal with a limited amount of drivers anymore. When you would hover over the photo of that loco, it would tell you the name of it, like BNSF SD70ACe 1 and the running number #7809 as two examples. So all together it would be BNSF SD70ACe 1 #7809 and you could see that on the map of the route as well. When they are consisted/MUed together it would just show the first loco's name and running number. Yes it is longer name than "Alan" but when can you ever see the driver's name except in the middle of nowhere or really zooming out anyway? I have a ton of trouble trying to find their name and loco on the map because it gets lost in all the junctions and other names of drivers, industries and objects. I also never seem to remember what driver is in what loco. I always look at the loco's photo in TS12 instead.

Last edited:
In an earlier post Tony stated that the photos, as well as our current inability to change them, in the Early Access TRS19 release is a temporary feature.

Back