less than perfect track

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
I've got a TGV moving at 250 km/h and the passengers are getting seasick. The MOW have placed perfect track, the condition value is 100% and yet the cars are rockin' and rollin' as if it was some dinky third rate branch line. Is there another variable that controls the amount of swaying a car will experience besides the track condition?

I have complained about this for some time now but noting has been done about it. Just think what the passengers on a plane feel like. It seems that if it runs on a track, invisible or not they will rock and roll.

What view is this from? (Internal etc)
Is it all stock or only some? (Other scripts may be involved)
Have you checked sway settings in options?

Cab view is steady. chase, lineside and roaming has the cars rocking and rolling.
<kuid:-1:101420> SNCF TGV SE Unit 4
<kuid:-1:101412> SNCF TGV SE
<kuid:-1:101419> SNCF TGV SE Unit 1
<kuid:-1:101416> SNCF TGV SE Unit 2
<kuid:-1:101417> SNCF TGV SE Unit 3

I see that the config has cabinsway -3 but that is supposed to control the amount of 'sway' the interior view has as the vehicle takes corners, as per the wiki.
I have removed Cabinsway in internal view in the trains settings. Since that is global, all cars are affected but is only for internal view. the other views are not affected.
Since that track is perfect , a very good MOW crew, there should not be any sway in any view.

Back